Thread: Classic arcade game Xevious MAME (PLEASE HELP)

Thanks
    EP Points

Unhappy Classic arcade game Xevious MAME (PLEASE HELP)

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just recently dug out my old MAME collection of thousands of games and installed it onto my Nvidia shield console. I managed to set up and play most of the classic games that I used to play in my teens, bubble bobble, shonobi, green beret, bomb jack etc.... and of all the games I really wanted to play and I used to spend a fortune on at the amusement arcades, was Xevious and I cant seem to get it to play.

I keep getting an error message "the selected machine is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different machine.

If someone can provide me with a working ROM, or point me in the right direction, you would really make my weekend.

I'm currently using MAME4droid (0.139u1) on my Nvidia shield console. At first I thought maybe there was an incompatibility error with the mame4droid emulator, so I then tried to run Xevious on my PC using two different versions of MAME, MAME 0.172 and the latest 0.182b and I still cant get it to play.

I have various ROM files for the same game, Xevious (namco), xevios, xevious atari etc.... and I get the same error message.

Any help and I would be forever grateful.

Have a great weekend all.

***Update*** When I look at the general info for Xevious (namco) parent it states that CHD file is NOT required.

Romset : xevious 1982, Namco
    Driver is present
    Overall: Working
    Graphics : OK
    Sound : OK

It just wont play.
    Last edited by floyd73; 3rd-February-2017 at 19:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

At the command prompt type

mame xevious

and it will tell you what's missing, and where it looked. It might even start up if you're lucky.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Pug - Not sure what you mean by command prompt. Is there some sort of command prompt that you can run within Mame Emulator or do you mean windows if so, windows wont recognize this command.

Care to elaborate....

Thanks

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I've just tried three different versions from the MAME4droid 0.375b Romset on my Xperia Play (old phone I know) and all version started up and played for a few minutes before I exited the app.

I've attached all 3 versions in one zip file. Extract the zip to find the 3 separately zipped versions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Jackhammer.

I may need to sideload your version of MAME4droid 0.37b5 onto my shield console. When I look for it within Google play on my Nvidia shield console it doesn't show up, only MAME4droid version 0.139u1 appears.

I will let you know how I get on.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

The emulator version I've got is 1.5.2 which uses the 0.375b romset.

You can use the following link to grab the apk file. Not sure if it will work or if you can sideload.
    MAME4droid-1.5.2
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Password: http://www.epforums.org

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you Jackhammer, you are the man as I'm back in business. It was a bit of messing about, but I got there in the end and I'm now happily playing Xevious.

I had to sideload your version of MAME onto shield then import your attached files.

Thanks again have a great weekend as I know I will........

10. The Following User Says Thank You to floyd73 For This Useful Post:

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by floyd73 View Post
    Thank you Jackhammer, you are the man as I'm back in business. It was a bit of messing about, but I got there in the end and I'm now happily playing Xevious.

I had to sideload your version of MAME onto shield then import your attached files.

Thanks again have a great weekend as I know I will........

Glad you managed to get it working. There is a full romset for that version of MAME already posted on EP.

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....14#post1799714

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Jackhammer. Just downloaded the full romset and will have fun with it tonight. Thanks again