Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA: San Andreas in 480p - How?

Thanks

That sounds like a good idea and I'd be able to play any game from any region like now, right? Also, I own another unmodded Xbox too but it doesn't have a big HDD. Best solution might be to softmod that one and get a big HDD, though I don't know how to do that.

I found this softmod kit, will this work you think: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-X...8AAOSwLnBX8OJe

Thanks for all the help and that flasher link.

EDIT: Seller seems reliable so I bought the kit. Hopefully I can upgrade my other Xbox HDD and then I'll actually have a good working Xbox.
    Last edited by Aeb; 4th-February-2017 at 12:03.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like a great idea

Sorry for the late reply my ISP (SKY) has either blocked EP forums or I need to reset my Hub either way I was unable to post (Hope it is the later)

HDD replacing... I would do a bit of digging find out the methods and what is needed

I use an old IDE PC for this myself, but not everyone has one or access to one

IDE guide can be found at https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?85589 (It's one of my own guides)

There are other methods but require a hot swap

Note that softmodded xbox's do require a lockable HDD, check out http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list for a list of drives and notes specifically for the olde Xbox

I went for the biggest IDE drive I could fins but now to be honest a Sata drive with more storage would be cheaper but you need a small IDE to SATA converter
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-February-2017 at 10:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I just softmodded my other Xbox and now I'm playing San Andreas in 480p and even IN GAME RESET WORKS! Woho! It works like a regular Xbox (like it should, damn it) with the physical buttons on the console too, which was super annoying with the other one.

Regarding the HDD, I might talk to the guy who sold me the other Xbox if he or anyone he know might be able to upgrade the HDD on my softmodded Xbox. I don't think I want to do that stuff myself despite having access to all the information you've shared, which I greatly appreciate. This Xbox has 5 GB and is also version 1.4.

Big thanks for all the replies!

EDIT: Or do you think it's worth softmodding the other weird Xbox too? Will that remove all the weirdness from it? Would be handy to have 200 GB.

What DVDs do you recommend I should buy if I feel like burning backup discs?
    Last edited by Aeb; 8th-February-2017 at 17:51.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DVD brand makes no difference at all as all brands do have good and bad quality, what is more important is where they are made, but more often than not you kind of find this out after you buy and open a pack

DVD-R is the lower end of Quality
    DVD+R is the higher end of Quality

I usually go for a 100 spindle of DVD+R Verbatim discs from Amazon.co.uk (provided directly from Amazon) but they are not the cheapest option, I stuck to them because it's not a gamble to me.

To be honest once you find quality DVD's that works for you, stick to them

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia should give you a better idea they have user reveiws of alot of DVD media reporting on many things including console use

The IDE PC method is the safe option for adding a new HDD, not to say the other methods don't work but there is a lot more risk in hot swaps/swops
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-February-2017 at 19:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR