Thread: IRC help

Thanks

Default IRC help

I've never used IRC so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or something. I have a trial version of mIRC and have been trying to get into #animeparadise and #emuparadise for about a week now.
    Under the network I put newnet random server like was said in the emuparadise faq. Then it connects, has a list of a bunch of channels, I put in #animeparadise or #emuparadise and when I get into the channel it's only me alone in #animeparadise and me and 'ChanServ' in emuparadise.
    I checked like once a day for the past week and still the same, so I tried other channels that were there that I thought'd be popular. Noones in any rooms other than 'ChanServ'.

Is something wrong here or are there just never anyone around? I would think there'd be more people, at least in the other rooms.

[edit] also Gundam Guy in a post said... "#AnimeParadise @ Irc.emuparadise.org". What's the Irc.emuparadise.org for?

[edit] found a channel that has people on it now. So I guess it ddoes work. Just noone on the emuparadise ones or I'm in the wrong network or something? not sure how that works.
    and how do you emote, lol.
    Last edited by RoseDragon83L; 20th-June-2003 at 06:54.

raffy Guest

I helped someone out with this problem on my fserve thread in the bazaar, I'll post it here as well tho so that it can be put under a more descriptive thread

Emuparadise has a guide which can be found here although some changes are needed for the guide, the first one being, u must now connect to irc.emuparadise.org, which must be set up, u can do this by going to the step that tells u to scroll to newnet and instead click on Add and under the options put:
    Description: EMUnet
    IRC Server: irc.emuparadise.org
    Port(s): 6667
    You do not need anything for group or password, once u have filled that in, click on add, then just make sure that EMUnet is selected and continue following the directions.
    Once you are on the #emuparadise channel, u will then need to go to #emuserve, u MUST stay in #emuparadise to be in #emuserve or else Gouki's script will kick/ban u for 3 minutes the first time, and kick/ban u until an op unbans u the second time. To join #emuserve, type /join #emuserve.
    Do not type !list in #emuparadise and do not make requests...for ANYTHING (well, maybe help getting stuff working, but besides that, NO)...in #emuparadise, I hope this helps u out and that u enjoy IRC, cause I know I have

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We switched from NewNet to irc.emuparadise.org, and it seems that guide forgot to update. That's the problem right there.

Thanks

Or it could be that the guide is just the old guide because it will be from the backup last year.

Thanks

oooooohhhhhhhhhhh..... I see
    Thanks alot.

Thanks

You can always get mIRC(a IRC client) from www.mirc.com

They are hot, aren't they??

Shadowrider Guest

Default Re: IRC help

Originally posted by RoseDragon83L

[edit] also Gundam Guy in a post said... "#AnimeParadise @ Irc.emuparadise.org". What's the Irc.emuparadise.org for?
    it would be easier to do :
    /server irc.emuparadise.org

Thanks

or use an mirc link, <a href="irc://irc.emuparadise.org/emuparadise">irc.emuparadise</a>
    Last edited by Lord Riff Raff; 21st-June-2003 at 03:56.

Thanks

Yeah. I had downloaded and was using mIRC at first. Then I saw (never payed attention before) that trillian can use IRC. So I read up on thier site and figured that out and got on. FiZZa and Ryu helped me out when in there so I think I got it now. Thanks for all the help.