Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MK graphics just suck, like megadrive graphics over a 3D backdrop and a low colour count

If software with the HQx2 or 3 is not to your fancy 640x480 for x2 (could be double that) and 960x720 for x3 (could be double that) (they are 4:3 res displays not widescreen) then try the SuperEagal one

The following is HQx2 in P.E.o.P's soft plugin it's at 640x480

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEOPSSOFT001.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	51087

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i got this one
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	51095
    800x600 using gpubladesoft 1.46 , screen filtering Hq4x and screen shader effect 4xGLSLHqFilter shader is there any newer version of this video plugin ?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No 1.46 is the newest build

Thought you wanted sharper not blurrier

The sharpest image was the first one you posted with the horrible pixelation, mostly because of the low res sprite graphics over an enhanced 3D backdrop

upscaling 2D with 2D backdrops will always look better than upscaled 2D over a 3D backdrop with enhanced 3D
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-January-2017 at 04:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

yeah i wanted sharper not anything else but i just wanted to try everything you never know

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

easy, then software render without any enhancements doing stretch to a real scale of 320x240 like x2 640x480 or 3x 960x720 you can keep going higher (just stick to the multiples of 320x240) that saves distortion in the image instead of using HQx2 or the other one, you just want a basic stretch, if you want it to have a CRT TV look either use a CRT TV or add some filtering via you graphics card or some fullscreen filter

a CRT TV looses sharpness because it is a low quality SD image that gives a blurred effect over the top of the image, this does help the look of lower res systems like the PSX make pixels less obvious and help the image blend once you tune the sharpness of the image up to HD quality you get to see every pixel very clear, that is not a great thing for those systems usually

3D games however via emulation can be enhanced in a way that almost makes them HD quality, I say almost because skins are either just filtered or they are simply stretched rather than what HD remakes do, that is to replace the textures with re-done HD quality textures (just higher res textures that they either worked from originally or they created from scratch for there HD version)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok here is my final thoughts on this -correct me if i'm wrong- if we used a software render just to save distortion in the image like you said and make it less pixeled just a soft blurry image and then through shaders apply a very very very sharp shader i think we could get this to work
    anyway i don't know if this is right or i'm just an idiot and even if this is right this very sharp shader that this game responds to it very well doesn't exist so i guess i have to wait for one to be made
    anyway thanks soooooooooooooo much for your help i will continue testing and post if i find something new

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The sharpest shader is no shader at all

You will see and decide what you want yourself though, all I can do is give you pointers

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]