Thread: Retroarch - OpenGl problems

Thanks

Default Retroarch - OpenGl problems

Greetings!

Here am I again, asking for help... but this time, it is a question of a more practical nature.

First off, my specs:

Intel Core i7-4790k, 4.00 GHZ
    GTX 970
    16,0 GB RAM
    Windows 10

After finally managing to get Symphony of the Night to run (thanks to Warrior's tips on this thread), I ran into another problem: severe cracking of the audio and some slowdown. I did some research and tried various solutions: Hard GPU synchronization, reducing/increasing audio latency, but nothing seemed to work. Eventually, the slowdowns became worse, and the game became pretty much unplayable, even after I restored the original settings. No idea why.

Changind the driver from OpenGl to d3d solved the issue: everything ran like a dream. But that came at a price: the game began looking much softer and the colors, colder, especially because I was using the hylian scanlines and glow shader (recommended by Crash-Headroom on that same thread), which made the sprites look absolutely gorgeous.

It is still possible to play, of course, and the game still looks good - I am playing Symphony of the Night, after all - but I can definitely tell the difference. So I would like to ask:

Is there a way to get the game to run well with OpenGL?

If that is impossible, can I somehow activate the shaders - or get a similar effect - on D3D?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Collider; 25th-January-2017 at 14:02.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Turn on Threaded Video in the video settings, that should fix it.

BTW you want to put it back on OpenGL or Vulkan , D3D is windows only and cores like Mednafen are opengl only.
    Last edited by Warrior; 25th-January-2017 at 21:21.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.