Thread: Problem getting FF12 (NTSC U) to work on PS2

Thanks

Default Problem getting FF12 (NTSC U) to work on PS2

I'm currently having a weird problem with my PS2 detecting FF12. It is the correct version as the files contain a "SLUS" file. I have also patched it with ESR, I know this because if I did not the PS2 would tell me it's not a PS2 disk.

The PS2 just upfront does not run the disk, the disk spins but nothing happens. I have tested the disk on PCSX2 1.4.0 and it runs just fine, not a single problem to be had. It's just the PS2 system is giving me trouble.

Any idea what's going on and how to get it running? Have I missed a step in the process, or maybe some step I was unaware of seeing as it's a much newer game compared to others like Baldur's gate: DA or 007? As I did the exact same steps as above and they work perfectly fine and are detected.
    Last edited by Rpground; 25th-January-2017 at 10:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Clean the lazer, up with a damn white/spirit cloth. Then dry it off with awater bog roll, that should make it run/load.
    Seems the ps2 slim has issues when it comes to this.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Clean the lazer, up with a damn white/spirit cloth. Then dry it off with awater bog roll, that should make it run/load.
    Seems the ps2 slim has issues when it comes to this.
    Thank you for the reply, but as it turns out the DVD writer DIED in my computer (had it for over 8 years...surprised it actually happened). It just wasn't writing the disks correctly in the PS2 due to the errors applied by a dying (no dead) DVD drive. The errors wouldn't even popup in verify so I figured it was something else until my comp told me "The DVD Drive is dead".

But I did check my PS2 slim, as it turns out the laser was dirty anyway and needed to be cleaned. So that solves a potential problem in the future anyway.

Thanks again.