Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOVE THIS SITE but have some legal questions

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    We do not store logs of any user activity on the site. So we don't really know what you download - how can anyone else? Furthermore, we recently moved both the site and forums to HTTPS (Secure) connections. This ensures far greater privacy for all our users.
    what our ISP's i think mine likes to stalk us

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've never gotten any sort of notification for downloading in my two decades or so using the internet. Keep in mind I'm also not posting about it somewhere super public like Facebook.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator211 View Post
    what our ISP's i think mine likes to stalk us
    Generally, if your ISP is going to send you a letter there are 2 causes. Public file sharing without checking the sources, and large amounts of upload bandwidth which indicates seeding torrents or otherwise hosting file-sharing.

To check your torrents try to find a sight that posts DMCA removal on the search results page, or find a link that posts the Hash code before you start downloading. You can then google the hash code and scroll to the bottom to see if Google lists a DMCA removal. If it does list a DMCA removal, that file is being watched and is probably hosted on a hostile computer. That makes finding the ISP of each downloader automatic.

If you live in area where large uploads are tracked, don't seed. This will limit you to public sources since private sources usually require a high ratio of upload:download time.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default how much have you downloaded from any of these kinda of sites

please give about an estimate or rough sum or exact if you know it just curious about how much people actually download using these sites im olnt at about 1.6GB total

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You mean video game sharing forums? Terabytes-worth. I don't collect files per se, I just download anything I fancy when I need it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    You mean video game sharing forums? Terabytes-worth. I don't collect files per se, I just download anything I fancy when I need it.
    cool i have SNES roms for my futrue emulation station