Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with PS Controller Rumble [PJ64]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is there a label or any information engraved on the back?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Good Swimmer View Post
    Is there a label or any information engraved on the back?
    No, just a blank rectangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    In with the n64 plugins. "others will have dll files".

If it was an exe install, you might have to right click on the emu exe and search the path. If simply unzipped, should just be in with the other folders with the emu under plugins.

Also I remember that crappy thing. the damn D-pad had a horrible grip on it.
    Btw, you can do what I did and buy the 3 in 1 PC magic box, and use any real psx/ps2/xbox/dc/gc/dc etc on your pc.

And it just pops up as a generic usb pad
    Mines is the black box with: Saturn/DC/PS2
    Ok, I put it in the plugins folder and restarted Pj64, but it makes no difference. There was already another file with a similar name, and I tried deleting that older (and smaller) file as well; nothing happened.

Come to think of it, the only game I've used to test this is Super Mario 64. Does that one even have rumble pack support?

Ok, I tried Donkey Kong 64 and it just vibrated constantly! Even when nothing was happening! Ok, not during cutscenes, but whenever I have control of DK it vibrates.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 22nd-January-2017 at 04:51. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Mario gave a little rummble. Not much, and at least you know it works. You have some adjustments to make.
    Shame no luck with nrage, helps some people.

Well, I felt useless here lmao. But you got something out of it, so it's good news.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Flexico, please use Edit Post if you have something to add. Do not double, triple or whatever post.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good job finding the problem. I found this on Wikipedia:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Now that you know it works it will be a matter of fine tuning it.
    You can get a lot of help here, if you give the right info. Welcome to EPForums.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Flexico, please use Edit Post if you have something to add. Do not double, triple or whatever post.
    Haha, you know, there's another forum I use that automatically merges multiple posts; I just assumed it would do that here. I'll keep that in mind. *salutes*

Quote Originally Posted by Good Swimmer View Post
    Good job finding the problem. I found this on Wikipedia:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Now that you know it works it will be a matter of fine tuning it.
    You can get a lot of help here, if you give the right info. Welcome to EPForums.
    I found an archive of a bunch (maybe all) of versions for SM64, but I'm not sure which one would be the latest version with rumble pack support:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shindou Edition is the Rumble Pak version, assuming the Japanese text isn't a problem. I may have read that [!] etc... are code for who released each ROM, so make sure you use the same one each time and you should be golden.

Is your Rumble always on, or have you fixed that?

If you can't play with Japanese text, you could try the version for the Nintendo DS. It is supposed to have all of the features of the Shindou version including Rumble. Not sure if all DS emulators support rumble, but a quick google search should help you find that info.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 22nd-January-2017 at 20:55.

Thanks

I tried the Shindou version, and a similar thing happens as with Donkey Kong: I get constant pulses of vibration, not seeming to correspond to anything happening in the game. The pulses are a lot stronger in DK than in Mario though.

And yeah, I can't read a word of Japanese, so I'd prefer an English version. XD

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

English versions of Mario 64 has no rumble support
    Donkey Kong 64 does have Rumble support (Expansion Pak is also required)

Unfortunately I lost my Drive with all my N64 roms on (and the other nintendo systems I had on it) and at this moment I'm not interested in getting those back at this moment in time to do any testing

But look at some of the alt controller plugins/rumble setups, testing them in game with a game you know to have full rumble support, games that do though have the rumble pak support listed on the front of the box, gamefaqs tend to have the box art for most games at least a front scan

The roms you have are from the good set that funny enough does not just contain good dumps, if you want a set that does look at No-Intro instead that does not contain any hacks mods or junk dumps

Most of those are junk though
    b# = bad dump
    o# overdump
    ! = good dump
    T = translated (- = old + = new)
    t = trained (cheats)
    h = hacked
    h#C = Hacked internal cartridge information

More info can be found at

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    P.S. there are a lot more mods of Super Mario 64 than what you have by the way
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-January-2017 at 09:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Wait, so why would bad dumps even be included in such an archive?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because they just have everything in it and have kept older dumps that are known as bad dumps now

As for the real reason why, how would I know this, I am not part of the Good Set team

All the Good sets are like that though, most consider those sets as junk to be honest, to just have good dumps either filter the set or just go for the No-intro set instead of that one, you could possibly make a no-intro set from the good set if you wanted, for hacks or translations you are best off looking at romhacking.net and grab patches you actually want, like I said there are tons just for Super Mario 64 and tools to make your own if you felt inclined to do so

No need for trained games for emulation though just use cheat codes instead like Action Replay codes that is a feature built into PJ64, even some flash carts have cheat features built into them, I know my kit does.

Saying that some of the PD [Public Domain] stuff is fun some of it is just rubbish though as well
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-January-2017 at 15:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR