Thread: are gravis digital usb adapters standard/the same as ms sidewinders

Thanks
    EP Points

Default are gravis digital usb adapters standard/the same as ms sidewinders

I want to use a Gravis G10171B Blackhawk Digital, my dad has a loot of nostalgia tied to that controller with the game road rash. Sadly I can't get my soundcard driver/gravis xperience to cooperate. so I tried Rockfire RM-203 gameport, and Mayflash Super Joy Box 7 with no luck on win 7 64bit or win xp 32bit. Making the joystick usb is better then having to mess with their software and should allow it to be used with windows 7.

I noticed that the Gravis Xterminator Digital Game Pad, Gravis Xterminator Dual Control Joystick had direct gameport to usb adapters, I am wondering if Gravis had a standard usb to gameport connector, for all their "digital" devices.
    I also fund a Raider Pro Digital Joystick Sv-251 has a similar looking adapter. they all look like the Belkin F3U200-08INCH adapters for sidewinder controllers, which one reviewer says will work with Joystick Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro, Gamepad Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro, Joystick Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D.
    Did these all have a interchangeable db15 to usb cable? In other words do the Microsoft sidewinder sidewinder adapters work on the Gravis devices as well, and the Raider Pro?
    Does the Gravis adapter work for the Blackhawk digital as well?

*****edit************
    Perhaps an easy way to find this answer is if anyone with one of these joysticks could do a continuity test on the adapter and we can compare notes. Here is the key just to be sure we are on the same page. Comment the name and model number of the joystick and the pinnout of the adapter it came with, that would be helpful.
    port.png
    Last edited by scrapjack; 20th-January-2017 at 22:26. Reason: new statement/request, no double posting.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not getting answers I decided to pick up some controllers, perhaps this will help someone else looking for the same or similar information. So I got a sidewinder percision pro part no. x03-57540 its adapter did not work with the gameport version of my sidewinder gamepad part no. 90873
    I also got a logitech wingman p/n 863169-0000 which has a usg gameport adapter that is wired to match the sidewinder adapter.
    the pinnout for the logitech/sidewinder adapters is the following:
    usb gameport
    1 4
    2 10
    3 14
    4 1

I also picked up a Gravis Xterminator Dual control joystick model# 10511 its adapter was wired like the following:

usb gameport
    1 4
    2 14
    3 10
    4 1

so I also bought an unopened gravis xterminator gamepad model 44011 which surprisingly did not come with a usb adapter, although it did come with the gravis xperience softeware, version 1.1 for win95. I was able to make the installer run most of the way on win7 64bit. that was suprising as I couldn't get version 2.1 to even start on win xp 32bit. Neither the gravis or sidewinder adapters worked with the gamepad, nor did they work with the Gravis blackhawk digital rev 2 model #1017. I'm not sure if only later models of the xterminator gamepad are compatible with usb adapters or if it had a different adapter from the xterminator dual control. If it interests anyone the sidewinder precision pro gameport is missing pins: 5,6,8,9,13,15 and the gravis xterminator gamepad cable came missing pins 3,6,8,9,12,15

I am still hoping to make the blackhawk digital usb.