Thread: Anyone use Citra (3DS emulator)? I need some help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Anyone use Citra (3DS emulator)? I need some help.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get this thing working. It's apparent the emulator download by itself doesn't come with all the necessary files to work outside of the box (something like a bios), but I can't find anywhere to download these files to make this emulator work. All instructions I've found are either incomplete/useless/outdated. The only thing I know for a fact you need is a decrypted rom, which I have. I've tried Bravely Default and Bravely Second, neither one boots. Both games are supposed to be playable.

I apologize ahead of time if 3DS emulation isn't supported on this website, but I didn't see anything posted in the rules about it.

Apparently some games on Citra need a "home folder" dumped from an actual 3DS. And another file called "shared_font.bin". The problem is, I can't find an upload for these files anywhere on the internet. The emulator is completely useless without them.

https://discuss.citra-emu.org/d/81-h...required-files

Anyone here got Citra working that can upload these?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 17th-January-2017 at 23:38. Reason: no double posting please

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, you need to dump what you need from your own console.
    Only thing that can be shared is emulators...this goes for Wii U as well. Games are definitely not allowed, and the files you want probably aren't allowed either...although even if they were it's unlikely anyone would want to share the latter.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

am i allowed to make a video on showing on how to set i up? or is that falls in the line of "piracy"