Thread: ISO loads up, menu works, new game results in black screen with audio

Thanks

Default ISO loads up, menu works, new game results in black screen with audio

Obviously this is my first post. I'm just foraying into PCSX2, loaded the ISO for Pitfall: the Lost Expedition. I'm currently running on Windows 10, absolutely everything is updated- DirectX12, C++, etc, the BIOS is SCPH-70012 USA v02.00. Where do I start? I've dug around the PCSX2 threads for a while and I'm just lost. I dug around here for a bit but I didn't even know where to start. The game and audio load fine, the splash screen is fine, start menu and options all work without any lag, but when I hit new game, I get the loading symbol and then just a black screen with audio. What do I do? :/ TIA

Edit: I can also do the full disc load for the ps2 system and all the options work fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

PCSX2 v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f

USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Enable "Ignore Dmac writes when it is busy" game fix.Also seems to require 4 gb patch. black screen with Not the *Ignore Dmac...option activated.
    http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Pitf...ost_Expedition

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moved to Everything Emulation from Everything Console that is for Real Console hardware

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Moved to Everything Emulation from Everything Console that is for Real Console hardware
    TY.
    PCSX2 v1.3.1-58-g5ed3f5f

USA v02.20(10/02/2006), Enable "Ignore Dmac writes when it is busy" game fix.Also seems to require 4 gb patch. black screen with Not the *Ignore Dmac...option activated.
    http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Pitf...ost_Expedition
    Mahalo! But now I have another problem. This got me past the first loading screen, to the first movie of the new game, but as soon as the blip ended we were back to square one. I'm using PCSX2 v1.4.0, and of all the archive downloads v1.3.1 is unavailable. What is the 4gb patch?