Thread: Valhalla Knights - No RAR?

Thanks

Default Valhalla Knights - No RAR?

Hello, so I just downloaded Valhalla_Knights_USA_PSP-ARTiSAN.rar from this site. I extracted it and the files I got are the following:

a-valhal.001
    a-valhal.002
    a-valhal.003
    -up to a-valhal.016-
    a-valhal (this is a system information file)
    a-valhal.sfv

There's no .rar in it? I opened the a-valhal.001 file, and I saw that there's an iso file in there, but it doesn't work in the emulator (the .iso in every file is only 20mb)

(This is my first time doing this so forgive me if I did something ignorant)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

What you have there is an original scene release for that game. To extract the contents of the split archives (the iso file), just extract from the first part making sure you are using the latest version of 7zip.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

a-valhal (this is a system information file) <- that is a text info file open it in a text editor [real name for it will be a-valhal.nfo] it has nothing to do with windows system information files
    a-valhal.001 is the file you extract from via 7-zip, all the other parts are read automatically
    a-valhal.sfv is used to verify the other files with sfv software that there is plenty to choose from now, only handy if something does not extract correctly so you only need to redownload a single file instead of the whole set, if we stored them like that (we don't though )

occasionally scene releases start from 00 instead of 01 have even seen some start from 02, makes no difference the same rules apply extract from the first file, the only time this changes is if there is a .rar or .zip (possibly others also) files then those are the first file not the numbered files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2017 at 15:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

so when i extract the .001 file with 7zip i end up with a file named [a-valhal] with no extension. i tried adding an iso and a rar extension to no avail. I'm on mac if that helps.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jimbosliceman View Post
    so when i extract the .001 file with 7zip i end up with a file named [a-valhal] with no extension. i tried adding an iso and a rar extension to no avail. I'm on mac if that helps.
    use the 7-zip open option and see what is inside instead the 001 file (P.S. you do require all the other numbered files also not just 001)

I'm not a Mac user though so not sure about the mac ports of 7-zip as those are 3rd party ports, may be worth getting another port of 7-zip

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR