Thread: Emulation section on Emuparadise needs some love

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Emulation section on Emuparadise needs some love

In my quest to get the internal BIOS files working on RPCS3 (which right now I think is impossible), I've noticed something in my searching. There hasn't been any updates on the Emulators section on the website, especially when dealing with emulators for consoles. I see that Dolphin and PCSX2 (somewhat) is updated, yet there's no mention of CemU (which is making promising strides), RPCS3, Xenia, along with a couple others on PC. There's only two emulators listed for the PlayStation 3 console (A SNES and an Atari, if I'm correct), yet I believe that there's much more than those two available. I know for a fact that the Dreamcast can emulate SNES, yet there's no mention there. Though I know this statement will rile up a certain breed of fanboys, there's absolutely no mention of emulators for Android OS.
    If I can (or may, I could never figure out which), I will contribute to the site with a few of these mentioned. I'd love for this site to grow with the times and gain many more followers.
    I was one of the users back when Emultra was the place to be, back in 2005. Now it seems that site is almost nonexistent.
    Please let me know if I posted this in the wrong section.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

No mention of CemU because there aren't any Wii U games, not even in the forums.

Not much love for PS3 full stop as modding options are limited and not easy like say softmodding a Wii or PSP.

Generally speaking not many people care about emulating anything on DC, except DC fans. It's much the same story as emulating old systems on PS2 although at least with the latter there are some HDD/USB options.

Why bother emulating PS3 anyway? The consoles are cheap and so is like 80% of the library if you buy used. I'm sure it would need a powerful PC as PS2 and Wii emulation does anyway, plus most games won't work.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, you seem to paint a pretty bleak picture, but thanks anyways.
    Just noticed there's no mention of 3DS emulators, neither.

And as far as emulating PS3, just for proof of concept, and testing the limits of my PC.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

He forgot to mention that we voulentarily do not support current gen consoles, or even consoles that are less than ten years old. So wiiu and 3DS are currently out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzmarazz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Generally less expensive to run a website without lawsuits for copyright infringement. In addition to the reasons above, it makes good sense not to host newer stuff. I love EP and I wouldn't want to lose it because they decide to be stupid hot-shots and host newer stuff. It's been here a long time, and I hope it's around for a long time to come so you can enjoy it like I have. Wonderful site!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I understand now. It's all about longevity.
    Emuparadise will still be the number one site I refer to on emulation. Gotta bring people over to my world of PC gaming.
    Though I still would recommend going over one of my past statements, in regards to emulators for consoles that are missing.
    Last edited by Saiyaken_PHOENIX; 18th-January-2017 at 11:21.