Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lion King Dos missing disk3

Hybrid View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Lion King Dos missing disk3

As some may know back in The days copy protection required you to have a manual and insert words when asked. The lionking dos was cracked to patch this, you start by pressing enter.however this introduced a glitch so if you get the blue bug the roar meter will not extend
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...CopyProtection tv tropes claim is copy protection.so i ran install.exe but it says I am missing disk3,the version on emuparadise ha only disk1 and disk2 and I search ed the web for Hours, no disk3.May you Pm one to me or help somehow? I have a copy of The manual by The way

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Tosec IBM PC Compatibles - Diskimages - 3.5'' set has all 3 diskette images in ima format

You will need to both find those (torrent of full set maybe and just grab what you want and or a site that stores those for download) and find out how to use that ima format

Quote Originally Posted by dat
    <game name="Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 1 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection]">
    <description>Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 1 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection]</description>
    <rom name="Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 1 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection].ima" size="1474560" crc="732d455a" md5="4c88ac33a8c4818c3d259609488a4a5d" sha1="20e85e8c381263363250c5b509fbc24415ed2e5d"/>
    </game>
    <game name="Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 2 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection]">
    <description>Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 2 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection]</description>
    <rom name="Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 2 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection].ima" size="1474560" crc="9101af49" md5="eeca6ad38f18803ee6e9b07ae7e76935" sha1="ffa0965807bc23747d4aea77a67b3448df558b04"/>
    </game>
    <game name="Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 3 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection]">
    <description>Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 3 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection]</description>
    </game>
    <rom name="Lion King, The (1994)(Virgin Interactive)(Disk 3 of 3)[vid v][snd s1p3p4p5g1][cp doc protection].ima" size="1474560" crc="2eb5e888" md5="8fcf88f5f3781b96d61f095bda3a3fc3" sha1="267b9fb48d5721d09dcc5fccbe2074024a2bb4bb"/>
    I don't have this myself...

I just pulled the information for you

I do believe you will need that manual that you state you have
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-January-2017 at 12:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Installed it.I got around copy protection with the pdf of The manual,the bug is still there.I'm refusing to be lieve developers didn't fix it,so maybe is dosbox's fault (that's why i need feedback from those who run the i original floppies on native dos).Two filenames get my curiosity :lion king the,beta and lionking the,a1 (may be a revision A meaning someone fixed some bugs).gonna try the win95 version,I remember it had some bugs carried from the dos port,so probably I overlooked it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It also had other ports Amiga, Megadrive, SNES ect ect

These are much easier to run than Dos and Windows 95 games

Edit:- Amiga can be difficult to run if you are not sure what you are doing there, consoles are a doddle though

Amiga may be the next best version to go for if there are any game changes between ports

EDit actually Genesis and SNES came out the same year as the PC version then the Amiga version after

The Composers are the same for both PC and Amiga versions though so music score I imagine is different on the console ports to the computer PC and Amiga ports

By the looks of it the Windows port was for Windows 3.1 and most could not run it at the time even those using windows 3.1
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-January-2017 at 18:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    It also had other ports Amiga, Megadrive, SNES ect ect

These are much easier to run than Dos and Windows 95 games

Edit:- Amiga can be difficult to run if you are not sure what you are doing there, consoles are a doddle though
    Zorlon,I wanted to thank you so much for the help and interest you are giving to this topic
    Yeah that darn kickstart Roms ahaha I player those versions already.I like them but the Dos one is my abolite favorite. Yesterday I tried to get a torrent with the beta of lionking dos,the demo and other files... it contains a 16 gb .tar file but it's big for me and also really slow.please let me know if you find lionking the,a1 and lionking the,beta ok?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You know the bug you came across, did you happen to just use a save you already had with the 3 diskette version

If you did then the save itself may have something in it that causes the issue, so it is worth trying to start a new game with the fresh files for the game

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

No saves indeed.dosbox doesn't save

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could try a Virtual Machine like VirtualBox Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. You will need a copy of Dos as well as the diskette images for the game, it happens to support ima floppy images

You can also do windows in that if you felt the need

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I have virtualbox already,thank you
    Also I did find the beta version of lionking but it seems the site ask for payment
    Don't know...it is polish.pmming you the link

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Was the link I sent you by pm any good?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Was the link I sent you by pm any good?
    It is The cracked version but thank you a Lot tired Now.see ya!

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

You could try this site to play directly without downloading any games. See if that has the bug in the same place. I didn't have to put a word in from the manual to start, just press enter.

http://playdosgamesonline.com/lion-king.html

Thanks
    EP Points

Still has the bug,Jackhammer
    I have found out that this bug is present in the amiga version as well.Haven't tried windows 95 port,can't remember about that
    it could be just a graphical bug.You see,a more powerful roar means you can stand at a greater distance than the enemy and still get it to work;in dosbox,i tried to distance myself from a porcupine which was standing on a rock.I sat near the plant,roar didn't work;it only worked before this plant.So I took the blue beetle,the roar worked from where I previously sat.Roar still gets more powerful like in the other versions,so the developers somehow forgot to tell the game to update and extend the roar bar--or it is intentional?what do you think?
    Last edited by 95girl; 13th-January-2017 at 13:50.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If all the versions have the same issue it could be intentional or just something they missed every time

What about the console versions or are they different levels (they got the same year release as the dos version, Amiga was the next later)

Windows 95 version came out a few years later though (from my quick search I was unable to find a downloadable copy)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-January-2017 at 19:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

SNES and Genesis versions are fine,the meter extend there.I do have a copy of The win95 port if you want,ping you in a while