Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Showing the love for Breath of Fire!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Showing the love for Breath of Fire!

Well, breath of fire is one of the old classics back in the days of Final Fantasy.

Many of you played them and loved them, as most of you know it's my favourite RPG/Series. Or well it was..

Anyway, started on the Snes with 1 and 2. Now number 1 and 2 was amazing, very close to being on par with Final Fantasy 6

And then there was the Playstation one titles, this is where it gets even better!
    Breath of fire 3!

Alot of you I can picture as saying "this one was the best "
    And then came the daddy, the motherload of awesomeness. Breath of fire 4

To this day I still play this game, and it will forever be the best RPG of all time for me!.

Now, thats as far as BOF went.
    There was no such thing as Dragon Quarter on a certain PS2 console, IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!

But bad news, they decided. Wait, we've not messed with this series in a while. Lets mess it up even more
    And yes, there is a new Breath of Fire game. Not released yet?

Anyway, it's like a java/Android Mobile/browser game.. Yes you heard me right, look it up
    So, final nail then people lmao.

But all of that aside, 1-4 amazing and thats what BOF will always be to me

Whats your thoughts on the game, and which one did you like the most?.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

BoF2 is awesome, has my favorite Nina in it too also Ryu is pulling a Link since he is a leftie in that game.

BoF4 went south to me since it was censored hard outside japan, very annoying as that game would need a full retranslation applied over the japanese image to have that content restored.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    BoF4 went south to me since it was censored hard outside japan, very annoying as that game would need a full retranslation applied over the japanese image to have that content restored.
    Never really looked into it properly but is the PC version just an enhanced port?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, PC just a port job. Works better than most ports, but still a port.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Yeah, PC just a port job. Works better than most ports, but still a port.
    From what I understand it can run @ 720p (at least) with minimal fuss, although widescreen involves wrong AR (stretching).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

To be fair, OpenGL2/epsxe keeps me happy lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    To be fair, OpenGL2/epsxe keeps me happy lol.
    Enough of that smutty talk

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I love Breath of Fire 2 so much that I went out of my way to import a complete in box Super Famicom copy from Japan.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol

Thanks
    EP Points

I to adore breath of fire Rei & Katt rule. Though i would suggest binning EPSXE, its been utter crap since 1.07. Get yourself RETROARCH, it has emulation for almost everything (I play my PS1, PS2, snes and megadrive games on it and it can do more!).

BoF 1, 2 and 3 are amazing...4, ill agree with warrior is pretty boring due to all the censorship and of course lack of gameplay (managed to complete 4 in 13 hours :/)
    5 atleast had some good music...but 6? Keep it away from me, burn it, send it to hell, CAST IT TO THE FLAMES THAT I MAY WATCH IT, BUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNNN....
    I watched as RE was destroyed...I cried as they ruined megaman and now the last peice of my soul is about to lose it at the fact the warren tribe have been retconned out of the BoF universe...

Translation to ALL this: FUCK CAPCOM.

Incidently, were you one of the crazy few that went searching for the guys robe in the desert of death in BoF 3? XD
    Spoiler warning:

Check out my own music at:
    https://crash-headroom.bandcamp.com/

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope, felt that was taking things too far lol.

And yeah, this so called new bof..
    Like wtf man, did capcom just say to some random employee. Here is a few pennies, slap some crap togther and call it bof lol?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sure a quality indie homage to BoF and other classics would go a long way for those who long for the good old days.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't find many fan things for BoF...except for a proper translation mod for 2 which im going to try out soon and capcom know exactly what they are doing with this which is the truly disgusting thing this wasn't made for fans, ATALL they have even addmited they don't want those fans anymore they want idiots that will pay 2000 yen (which is about 20 pounds or 28 dorra) for 2 hours of gameplay and call it "CHAPTER BASED CONTENT!" Much like square did with Before Crisis (which wasn't released over here because western mobile phones suck compared to jap ones supposedly O.O)...and thats not inclurding all the armor, weapons and other crap they will be selling with microtransactions........

Also i know its not QUITE on topic but kind of on topic because "Capcom" but Warrior reminded me of another fan thing I AM waiting for atm:
    https://www.facebook.com/JKBGames/
    ladies and gentlemen, Megaman X: Corrupted. This is what ive been shouting at people and capcom since X5 XD MAKE A METROID STYLE MEGAMAN!! So this guy did and has actually been hard at work (almost solo) since 2008. All capcom's franchises are dead to me now so yeah in warriors words the fans are helping out.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I like BOF.

Thanks
    EP Points

What one's have ya' played 33?
    Spoiler warning: