Thread: Why doesn't Sony just make an offical Emulator?

Thanks

Default Why doesn't Sony just make an offical Emulator?

that will allow you to use a 100% working emulator with all games included ranging from PS1 to PS2 to PS3 and maybe even the PS4 it would be like a monthly subscription service? I don't know how it would work but don't you think that a big company like them could make something like that? but it's probably not worth it. seeing as how there is already free emulators. they would be just wastiner their time. plus no one would buy the PS4 or PS3 anymore.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can't exactly make an emulator for ps3 and 4 right now, at least not one that would run well on even the most powerful of PCs. Sony does support PSX on third PSN services and even has a subscription type of rental service for ps2 games on PSN so you can play ps2 downloads on your ps4. It pretty much exactly what you described, but I Don't buy into it. I still own nearly every ps2 game I was to play.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sony will promote there own hardware with software emulation of there older systems and do so already but they are not going to promote Microsoft, Apple or Nintendo in the same way

PS4 does the whole rental thing
    PS3 supports PSone Classics and PS2 Classics from PSN plus PSone CD's still (Though they did drop the PS2 CD/DVD support)
    PS2 plays PSone CD games also
    Vita has PSP and PSone Classic support
    PSP has PSone Classic support

The above is all emulation

The biggest issue with emulating on Windows and Mac systems is that there are tons and tons of hardware variants out instead of Consoles that have one set of specs to look at in general
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-January-2017 at 15:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

As already mentioned. Sony does emulate their own software. However, don't ever expect them to release an emulator for PC's, so you can play all their games for free. That's just something that will not gain them any money.

I mean, in the end all they care about is their profits as a company. Furthermore, they won't even make the PS4 with as powerful as it is, backwards compatible with all their previous home TV consoles' games (PS1, PS2, PS3). They would rather "remaster" them or put them on their PS rental service to squeeze your wallet.

I was so disappointed when they announced a more powerful PS4, (PS4 Pro) and touted its hardware capabilities and didn't add backwards compatibility when that console was a hardware redesign.