Thread: Having issues using Rom's I downloaded for Scummvm on my MAC (10.9.5)

Thanks

Default Having issues using Rom's I downloaded for Scummvm on my MAC (10.9.5)

I have downloaded what I believe to be the appropriate SCUMMVM version for my operating system based on their recommendations (10.9) and have downloaded some ROMS from here for King's Quest games (compatible with SCUMMVM). I then created a folder on my desktop and dragged these downloaded ROM folders into it. When I go into SCUMMVM to "add game", I click on the folder where the King's Quest files are to add and then it freezes up.
    this occurs with several different attempted downloads of different games.
    What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something to the downloaded ROMs before adding to Scummvm?

THANKS!

Thanks

I have macOS 10.12.2 and ScummVM 1.9.0 (from the official website). King Quest 5 and 6 both work fine on my side. ScummVM says it should work on macOS 10.7+.
    The issue could be: you're using the wrong version of ScummVM (PPC vs. 32-bit vs. 64-bit), or your games are not in the "good format."

Can you:
    • check if you're using the latest version of ScummVM (and/or the version specific to your architecture)
    • give us a list of the files contained in the folder (I have a bunch of .DRV and RESOURCE files, and other files)