Thread: Resident Evil 3 wont run in PSX (Emulator)

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 3 wont run in PSX (Emulator)

upon running the image of Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, it gets to the screen that says "this game contains scenes of graphic violence yada yada yada" the the game just stays there and does nothing. now, i read somewhere that the image i have could be copyright protected and wont run. is there any way to run this in PSX? The game runs fine on ePSXe, but i just dont like ePSXe. I would rather run the game in PSX. Is there a plugin that i can install to get around this, or anything else i can do? Thanks in advance!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you willing to learn to use a different better emulator?

If so RetroArch is right up your alley, one time setup and away you go.

If you are confused I can help set you up.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If the game has LibCrypt protection you'll need the relevant .sbi file (like from redump or whatever), but I'm not sure the emulator you prefer can make use of those

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope, pSX is outdated dead and closed source so you can rest assured no one can update it and fix it after the author abandoned the project years ago.

Think of the Mednafen PSX core in RetroArch as the better open source alternative to pSXfin.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Nope, pSX is outdated dead and closed source so you can rest assured no one can update it and fix it after the author abandoned the project years ago.

Think of the Mednafen PSX core in RetroArch as the better open source alternative to pSXfin.
    Well I just wasn't sure I know ePSXe can use sbi and pretty sure PCSX-R can too, even though the latter is a little outdated.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Well I just wasn't sure I know ePSXe can use sbi and pretty sure PCSX-R can too, even though the latter is a little outdated.
    I know, I was just throwing in more info because these authors make me very angry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Daemon Tools Lite was the solution to every RE problem on ePSXe. It's a separate program that runs your image as a virtual disc drive, and it would help to get past that screen with ePSXe.

Download, install, run, find the button to mount the image, browse to the file and mount it. Then tell your emulator to run from that virtual drive.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

thank you all for the suggestion. i will definitely try out RetroArch. I didn't know PSX was mothballed. I am new to these emulators. when i learned of there existence i almost lost my shit, i grew up on PlayStation games. Resident Evil, burnout, Metal Gear to name a few. I have been playing more old PlayStation games then the new games i have like battlefield 1 etc.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The (Europe)/(EU)/(E) versions of this game are copy protected (via Libcrypt), either patch it up or sbi it or just use the (USA)/(US)/(U) version instead that does not have copy protection at all, the same applies to Dino Crisis (E), Soul Reaver (E) will let you play so far then just freeze up, other games prevent progress in other ways a lot more sly some even tell you in-game that you are playing a pirated game.

D-Tools only fixed games for the older version of ePSXe like version 1.6.0 and older due to the emulator not reading CDDA tracks from file as of 1.7.0 that was fixed and that does nothing for LibCrypt protection

PSX may need the disc image mounted though, I would not know I never bothered with it

ePSXe 1.9.0 started cracking copy protection without the need for sbi files or patching
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2017 at 04:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default RetroArch is being a pain in my a$$

I am having a really hard time getting retroarch to run my PlayStation 1 games. Resident evil 3 wont run in the PSX emulator. And i absolutely hate ePSXe. I have downloaded the PlayStation core through the online updater, it downloaded mednafen_psx_libretro.dll, i have put my ps1 bios files in the system folder, I read somewhere the retroarch is picky on which bios it uses. i have scph1001.bin, scph5500.bin and i changed the names of a scph5000 to scph5501 and some other to a scph5502 (i read somewhere that someone tried that and it worked for therm). if it is a problem with the name change, tell me. i have to create a .cue file for resident evil 3, ill do that later. i'm trying to get retroarch to run resident evil 2 which i have a .bin and a .cue file for. i have linked the directories for the system folder which has my bios in. I have scanned the folders the my ps1 games are in, retroarch found resident evil 2, which is the only game i have a .cue file for, that's probably why it didn't find resident evil 3(dosnt have a .cue file). when i try to run resident evil 2, i click "load core" and i select the mednafen_psx_libretro.dll and i go over the the controller icon and i click resident evil 2 and click play. it brings up the emulator screen and then it does absolutely nothing, just shows a black screen. I am out if ideas to get this to work. Anybody have any suggestions as to what i need to do or is there something I'm missing? I'm going to delete my retro arch instalation and re-extract it, I would like to start over to try the new suggestions that i hope i will get. Thanks in advance!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Read my other post, the first line will be enough.....

Threads merged

Warrior may offer help with Retroarch but I'm sure the game works fine in the junky emulator of choice anyway...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-January-2017 at 20:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here you go inept - http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/in...Emulator_Files

Top link that says RetroArch.

I told you RetroArch is different so it takes a bit to understand it as its not designed for just one operating system.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. i managed to get my playstation 1 games to run. one last question are you able to run playstation 2 games in RetroArch?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by inept View Post
    Thanks for the help. i managed to get my playstation 1 games to run. one last question are you able to run playstation 2 games in RetroArch?
    Sadly no but thats OK, PCSX2 is not too convoluted to setup on Windows/Linux, just takes a bit of tinkering and a slight adjustment from game to game.

You can even use the Dualshock 3 pressure sensitivity with PCSX2 by using the SCPToolkit.