Thread: Stupid Prisoner of Askaban...

Thanks

Question Stupid Prisoner of Askaban...

I've tried to make the Iso for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban work on both PCSX2 and Dolphin (for the perspective emulators of course. Not really smart with computers but I'm not that dumb). My friend found the ps2 version is just menus. Not playable. And I read somewhere that it will work on the newest versions of Dolphin with the mmu speed hack... I tried that too. I know it's not my computer. I got a brand new 64bit Acer with 8GB ram,i5 6200U core, and NVIDIA graphics. I'm not sure if I just don't know how to set it up properly (the emulator) or if the Iso is just straight up broke. The status on the emulator itself says it should be playable. Help please! I miss this game and was so excited to see it again.

If there is any information you need that I missed, I'd be happy to provide it. Like I mentioned, not the best with computers, and I don't want to make this post a mile long with needless info.

Thanks!

PS: The one I'm trying to get to work is the GCN Iso for Dolphin. I don't think there is any hope for the ps2 Iso... Unless you know how to make that work, I'm all ears.

Thanks
    EP Points

Disable dual core mode (config,general settings) and/or set external frame buffer (in hacks undef graphic config) to virtual.

This game has almost always been glitchy. It uses a form of video codec on cutscenes that bugs out, especially with Nvidia cards.

You may just want to find a pc version of the game if this doesn't run well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

IT'S WORKING! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!