Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia

Thanks

Default Dissidia

Hello! I was hoping I could get some help.

I have a PSP that can play games... well... in a slightly less legitimate fashion.

I downloaded a game... The files don't appear to have an ISO. There are a lot of files...

I looked into my PSP's memory stick, and the games I do play seem to have ISO on the stick... so I figured all I had to do was put the game I want's ISO on the memory stick... but I don't see the ISO. Can anyone lend an assist? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

You're probably looking at a split (multi part) archive and the iso/cso image is inside it.
    Extract from the first part.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Hey there! Thanks for responding so quickly.

I did look into what you said. I found a ton of zipped up files within the game. They are all named the exact same thing and all appear to be the same size. I unzipped one of them and it came out to be roughly 1.3 GB. I figured that was the ISO. So, I connected my cable from my laptop to my PSP to place the ISO on the memory stick. Which went without a problem.

Except when I look from the PSP. The PSP shows no game on the stick. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks
    EP Points

Images (iso/cso) go in the ISO folder on the memory stick.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 10th-January-2017 at 00:03.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

You are correct.

Computer > Memory Stick(F) > ISO

That's is the current location of the game's ISO. Or what I presume to be the game's ISO.

Still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by MLPxPinkFlash; 10th-January-2017 at 00:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I always turn off my PSP and remove the card to transfer stuff using my PC, I don't use USB transfer.
    You haven't posted any pics either so I'm just being as helpful as I can. What CFW are you using?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

This shows that I should have the ISO in the right place.

This shows the oddity of the whole thing.

I'm sorry if I sounded snippy before. This is frustrating for me as I should know this. I've done this before. I just have never dealt with this oddity. It was always just an ISO. Slap it into the folder and away I go. It's never done this before.

P.S. I'm using 6.60 PRO-89

Thanks
    EP Points

No problem I was just being direct nothing else was intended.

I thought you said there were other games on the memory stick already that you have played? I'm not seeing them in the same folder as the new game you're trying to get working.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

My apologies. I have two memory sticks. They are both 2GB. Due to the size of this ISO, I couldn't put it on the same stick as the other games. If you so desire, I can show a screenshot of my other memory stick.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah no don't worry about that, just show me a pic of the root directory of this mem stick you're trying to use with the new game. Also what CFW are you using? If it's a lite aka temp version then using another card might be your issue.

nvm about the CFW question, I just noticed that you posted that already

Couple of suggestions:
    You really should upgrade that CFW, if you want to continue using PRO then get 6.60 PRO-C fix3...there is 6.61 PRO around but it isn't needed for any games to work and would require an OFW update first anyway. There's also 6.60 LME 2.3 (I have that as an alt card).

Now this one isn't necessary but I highly recommend you ditch using those small Sony cards and get at least one dual micro SD adaptor, they only cost a couple of dollars on ebay (for that price you might as well grab 2 at once so you have a spare or you can make 2 large cards running different CFW or whatever) and you can use cheap micro SD cards in them essentially giving you access to 16GB or more space (depends how much you want to spend on cards) in one package.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 10th-January-2017 at 00:59.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I apologize. I'm not certain what you're asking of me. I showed you the directory. The first pic show it's directory, no?

I'm beginning to question whether or not I actually know what a directory is.

Thanks
    EP Points

I mean the root of the card itself, not inside the ISO directory. I want to see what else is on the card.

What I can see from the first pic is...

Computer > Memory Stick (F) > ISO

What I want to see is...

Computer > Memory Stick (F)
    Last edited by deadlegion; 10th-January-2017 at 01:06.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

OHHHH! I see. You mean this?

Thanks
    EP Points

I would compare that to the other card you have. My 6.60 PRO-C fix3 card looks different to that, but I've never used old CFW like you have.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Alright. I'll do that right now.

Hmmm... there is quite a difference between the two. My chip that has the working games has a lot of folders that the chip with the non-working game doesn't have. Maybe I need to format the stick?