Thread: Android Emulator

Thanks

Default Android Emulator

A friend of mine suggested I go onto an actual emulator website to find the answer regarding the following question. I currently run a 64-bit Linux Mint 18 on my laptop and was wondering for a simple, free emulator. Now, I know, everything suggests "GenyMotion" "GenyMotion" but I tried that, and it kept failing, so new suggestions by people may be nice. Thanks a lot!
    Creator of lonecode.clan.su Please feel free to look at it, do not register unless you are a member of Tanktastic interested in joining. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Android SDK - this can be complicated to install apparently. Developers use it though and it probably has great support (although I would assume not much support for pirated games ). But if you can commit to the extra effort & research it might be worth it as any Android app/game will have less issues on something like this.

Wine > Bluestacks - Bluestacks is pretty popular on windows, but it's obvious what you need to do for this. Install Bluestacks through Wine.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Android SDK - this can be complicated to install apparently. Developers use it though and it probably has great support (although I would assume not much support for pirated games ). But if you can commit to the extra effort & research it might be worth it as any Android app/game will have less issues on something like this.

Wine > Bluestacks - Bluestacks is pretty popular on windows, but it's obvious what you need to do for this. Install Bluestacks through Wine.
    I see. I think I will have to go through the extra work or downloading Android SDK; I had Bluestacks on my Windows laptop, and it couldn't run the game I wanted to run because the game had updated...So I'll go with Android SDK for now. Thanks for your help!
    Creator of lonecode.clan.su Please feel free to look at it, do not register unless you are a member of Tanktastic interested in joining. Thanks!