Thread: Issue With Crash Bandicoot ROM

Thanks

Default Issue With Crash Bandicoot ROM

Hi all,

I'm trying to run Crash Bandicoot on ePSXe. The game runs perfectly fine and smoothly except for one strange error. At the end of each level, you are supposed to see a screen in which the game tells you your completion percentage and how many boxes you missed throughout the level. It also awards you a gem if you get all the boxes. It then saves the game.

For some reason, this screen does not appear when I complete a level on the ROM. I've tried multiple versions including both US and European versions and they all go straight to the map screen after completing a level. Some of the ROMs I've tried have shown the screen with the gems and boxes for a short while, but then stopped for no explainable reason.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about and what could be causing this to happen, I'd greatly appreciate some help in getting it fixed.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try the settings outlined at http://psxdatacenter.com/ntsc-u_list.html

Or just set Under Compatibility to (In your Video Driver config)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Zorlon brings up a good point, try either a software plugin just quickly to see if it's a gpu plugin setting issue.
    Or, try a different epsxe core.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!