Thread: Problem with burning CD's for my PSX

Thanks

Default Problem with burning CD's for my PSX

Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with my almost brand new PSX, of course chipped. I wanted to burn some old-school Doom, so I did it with tutorial here (https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-and-ape-files). Only problem I had was with .cue file from cues and sbis.rar, daemon tools just says that it doesn't exist, so I managed to download a cuemaker2, which made a .cue working with daemon. After creating IMG file from disc (I got .bin and .cue file) I burned it on my Sony 700MB CD which only supports x16 unfortunately. Console reacted a bit strange, at first it just showed a sony screen and freezed, after reseting, sony screen turned smoothly to PS screen, and guess what? It freezes. Okay then, I did whole process again, and burned it on Verbatim 4,7 GB x8 disc, and now console just boots up to BIOS screen. And one thing, before burning, after I mounted a Virtual Disc using daemon, I opened a ePSXe to check it. After selecting correct drive and hitting RUN CD-ROM, it freezes. What's the problem with all of them? Somebody could help me? Best regards and thank you in advance for reply.

P.S.
    Console works very well with original games, and also with burned disc which friend of mine gave me some time ago.

UPDATE:
    I opened .cue file from cues and sbis.rar with notepad, and every file is mentioned in .bin format. Original iso from emuparadise has ape files which I converted to WAV, except "Doom (E) (Track 1) [SLES-00132].bin" which was .bin file from start. That how it looks after converting, file with VLC logo is in .bin format, and others with notes are the WAV files.
    Przechwytywanie.JPG

That's how it looks in .cue from cues and sbis.rar:
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 1) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 2) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:02:00
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 3) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 4) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 5) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 6) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 7) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
    FILE "Doom (E) (Track 8) [SLES-00132].bin" BINARY
    TRACK 08 AUDIO

Unfortunately, .cue which I generated contains only first track of doom, so I think it's the main problem. Sould I just change .bin to .wav in notepad?

UPDATE: I changed it, still freezes the ePSXe!
    UPDATE: Just one minute ago I played Gran Turismo which I burned! Yay! The best thing is that it contains only one file when downloaded from emuparadise, so we can exclude faults on PSX side!
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-January-2017 at 16:03.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You needed to use Wav to Bin.bat or manually rename all the *.wav files to *.bin then the cue that came in the cues and Sbi's would of worked

If you are following my guide you must of missed that part then you can convert all that to a single bin+cue file with ISObuster

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

If you are following my guide you must of missed that part then you can convert all that to a single bin+cue file with ISObuster
    I actually did that every time I burned my CD.
    What you mean by changing manually .wav to .bin?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by telefaks View Post
    I'm assuming you have file extensions hidden, which is default. Change that so you can see them...
    Organize > Folder and search options > View
    Untick Hide extensions for known file types.

Apply, ok.

Then you can see file extensions.

After that if you use rename option on right click you can rename file extensions too, not just the file name.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by telefaks View Post
    If you did follow it word for word then you would of have more than the single track but all tracks after converting to a single bin+cue

if you open the new cue in ISObuster it would also list all the tracks not just the first track

01.png
    Downloaded files and shortcuts
    02.png
    Doom Extracted and the cue file from the sbi & cues archive
    03.png
    Ape converted to wav and 7z file extracted
    04.png
    Wav to bin ran and unecm ran, then the cue open in ISObuster showing all tracks

All that is left is to hit File and go down to CD (or right click on CD on the disc layout panel [the left panel]) then Extract CD <image> then the RAW option, make sure it is set to bin and name the output file and hit save, later you will be prompted to hit save again for the cue file

It works just fine I just tested it myself including in ePSXe just for the sake of it

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 is the full guide funny enough linked in the guides stuck thread in this section
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-January-2017 at 09:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for answers, here is how I do it

1. I unzip Track 1 and convert ape's to wav.
    2. I unecm Track 1 and convert wav files with wav to bin.bat
    3. Then I place cue file
    4. I open the cue file with daemon tools, mount disc, and then with ImgBurn I make a IMG from a disc.
    5. I burn previously made IMG and cue on a disc with ImgBurn with the slowest speed possible (x16 in my case)

And finally, doom boots up, but here good things end. Everything is just extremely laggy. Williams logo is just a nightmare, and, well, it freezes at the DOOM loading screen. Sometimes it just freezes on the PlayStation screen, after long and loudy laser job. I'm out of ideas
    Last edited by telefaks; 15th-January-2017 at 20:41.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could be the media used, or it could be that the slowest speed is not best for your burner

lowest burn speed is a generalised recommendation that is perfect for most burners but not all

If you are on windows 10 then try a different burning program and convert with the software I mentioned before

I have not burned PSX for years but I know imgburn messed up on my Dreamcast burns while using Windows 10 but as soon as I used the Discjuggler burning at exactly the same speed I got perfect burns
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-January-2017 at 21:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

regrg.JPG
    Here is what I got while verifying disc. Does it mean something?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

yup bad burn for that sector and will struggle reading that file, bit only that file any other struggke to read issues will have more to do with the readability of the CD media used

PC drives can handle reading CD-R media much better than any console CD drive, for this reason it is always worth getting high quality media
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-January-2017 at 17:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]