Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to burn to run on playstation 1

Thanks

Default How to burn to run on playstation 1

I have read all the guides and help info but still cant get this to work.

Take a game like theme park for instance.

It comes as multiple ape files, which i know how to turn to bin files
    It also comes with a ecm bin file, which i know how to turn into a normal bin file
    I also know where to get the cue sheet.

How ever, what ever i seem to try, i can not get img burn, magic iso or alcohol 120%, to burn the disc and have it read by my modded console.

In short, If a rom comes as a cue, a bin, and multiple ape files, how do i get it all to write to a disc in a manner that will let me play it on my modded console.

AND FOR THE LOVE oF GOD DONT JUST LINK ME TO ANOTHER GUIDE.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depending on what the cue says you may of needed to convert the ape audio files to wav not bin

If you read my guide you already know how to the above and how to convert to a single bin+cue and burn, but as requested I will not link it

ImgBurn is all you need as far as burning tools go for just about every console system

Magic Iso is just junk

Alcohol 120% is much the same as any other burning prog nothing special (It has special settings for PSX but those settings as just default settings anyway in any other burning software so kind of no point)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So youre saying just convert the apes to wav, then mount the cue sheet in daemon tools and convert via img burn to a single bin and cue file, and then burn from the cue file and all should be good?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would use ISObuster (Less hassle) but as I stated before the cue file may look for something different to what you have and may want bin or wav

use notepad with the cue file to find out what files it wants

My guide covered that aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It wanted bin files. Have successfully converted into a single cue and bin file now.

What would you suggest as the best way to burn? Just use img-burn as normal and burn from the cue file at the slowest speed i can manage?

And is 10 speed slow enough or would you recommend slower?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I recommend the slowest your burning hardware can burn, if that is 10x that is fine, it is different for each burning hardware

Just set ImgBurn to 1x it will auto adjust that to your burners slowest setting

I have had a burner that would burn from 1x to 4x and 4x resulted in a bad burn every time but 1x was perfect my current burner is a 10x to 52x, 10x results are a lot more stable than the 52x results

Some burners though this is rare burn best at the next speed up from the slowest

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

After encoding to a single bin and cue file, the bin file does not appear to contain the audio tracks. Should I assume they are encoded in the bin somewhere and that im just not looking hard enough, or is there some way to guarantee that all the information is there?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look at the cue file in notepad

I know you said not to link a guide but I am just repeating everything and not sure you done everything correctly anyway

It is a simple process and easy enough to follow

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

It takes you through converting the files from ecm and ape
    converting to a simple bin+cue
    even covers burning basics
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-January-2017 at 18:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I made a forum post as I had read the guides, followed them, and had unsuccessful burns. I just wanted to clarify that what I had done, as the guide had instructed, was correct and that it wasn't something I had missed or done incorrectly that had caused this.

Heres what I did, in order, so you can tell me if its correct or not.

1. Download the theme park zip file via emuparadise
    2 Extract the files into one folder
    3 Select the correct cue file from the cues and sbins zip
    4 Check the cue file in notepad to ascertain which format was listed so I knew what to convert the ape files to
    5 Go about converting the ape files to bin files
    6 Now, I didnt have a full version of iso buster at the time so I used the deamon tools + img burn method to mount the cue sheet and convert to a single bin and cue file
    7 Checked the contents of the BIN file to make sure it contained all the appropriate playstation related data, but I didnt notice any additional files to the ones that were in the original inclusive bin file. This is why I asked if the audio files would have been added without showing any additional files within the BIN it had created
    8 I burned the image, via the cue file, in image burn to a CD at 10x , and my playstation failed to play it.

As you can see, the guide will not help me in this matter. Im educated enough to understand english and follow instructions.

Im simply asking for further assistance, as following the guide didnt give me the results I had expected.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't need the full version trial/demo version is perfectly fine, the paid features are junk anyway

By the sounds of it you got the PAL version of the game you are trying to play that may be the issue if you have a NTSC TV and Console

Theme Park World has copy protection (I know you don't have that as that does not use CDDA for music) but don't think Theme Park has any sort of copy protection at all, not even the PAL version

(E) = Europe = PAL-E
    (U) = USA = NTSC-U
    (J) = Japan = NTSC-J
    The other ()'s = individual countries typically all PAL region

It does not sound like you done anything wrong if that is any consolation

You might also benefit from getting Import Player Lite from https://www.epforums.org/showthread....70#post1582370 make sure you get the correct region for your console
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-January-2017 at 19:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Only option I can see left is the cds I'm using. I've tried all I can to get this to work and nothing working. I get to the PS screen and then nothing. Gonna get some tevion high quality silver cds off eBay as the copies I have on those discs from direct copies work. Either the ones I'm downloading have something wrong or it's purely the media I'm writing to.

Short of someone creating a video guide from download to playing, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NTSC version not worth trying?

Not sure I asked this

But... do you have a mod chip or are you trying to use some other trick to play this?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-January-2017 at 16:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

yes, I have tried NTSC and pal versions. I've tried burning with IMG burn, magic ISO and alcohol, I've tried all methods to convert back to one bin and cue, I've tried burning at all speeds from 1 to 24, and I've tried two different types of cds, Maxell and verbatim. I have a chipped console, which will play my directly copied games on Tevion cds.

The only variable I have left is the cds I'm burning with.

Thanks

Turns out I was burning too slowly. I set it on maximum, burned a copy of gta, and its working consistently. So, burn to the speed of the disc, not on slowest to prevent errors.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by squireb7421 View Post
    Turns out I was burning too slowly. I set it on maximum, burned a copy of gta, and its working consistently. So, burn to the speed of the disc, not on slowest to prevent errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Some burners though this is rare burn best at the next speed up from the slowest
    That is all hardware dependant, but chuffed to bits you finally got there

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]