Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to burn to run on playstation 1

Thanks

How on earth do i get sound and fmv sequences to be stable? Either the in game music skips around, or the intro movie or in game video bits are messed up. Is that purely down to the hardware and the speeds.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

yup as strange as it sounds

The perfect burn speed for one piece of hardware does not transfer to all, found this out a long time ago, back in the day they used to say always burn at 4x but this was false even back then, it just so happens that most of the burning hardware at the time ran best at 4x just not all, so my 1x to 4x drive messed up CD's at 4x, well CD's for console use anyway, for some reason it does not matter for PC CD's, the data is not directly streamed for PC use most the time and when it is PC's have much better error correction to what consoles have, especially the CD based ones, not sure about todays consoles most games extract data to a HDD anyway now for smoother faster reading

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

so in basic terms, you don't know?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In basic terms it's different for every burner. what I don't know is the perfect burn speed for every drive out there

In general that would be the lowest speed but that is not always true

This is information that has been built up over many years

Just going over what has already been said unless you are just trying to argue for the sake of it, if so please don't, I have better things to do with my time.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Just trying to get all available information so that I can get the best results possible. Ive tried using different buffer sizes, different cd's, different computers to burn on, different speeds and different programs to burn with.

So far, the best results ive had are using the largest buffer I can, in image burn, with Verbatim cd's, on a windows 10 computer, burning at maximum speed, and im still getting stuttering audio and fmvs

Burning slower than 16x seems to leave me at the playstation screen and no further.

Im going to get hold of some taiyo yuden cds and some of the Tevion pure silver cds I had back in the day and see what goes on there.

Thanks for the assistance, guess this is all just a game of trial and error depending on what youre burning with.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use the verify option the lag in sound ect may not be caused from the disc it could be several reasons

Media and Burn Quality are just a couple of things
    Region, running the wrong region or forcing a game to run at a different frame rate to what it is intended can cause plenty of issues
    PS Laser may be tuned to read pressed discs and may need tweaking to red CD-R media

Youtube should have video's for tuning the laser, but then again you said you have burned CD's before and they work so why not just stick to what you used for those

Imgburn has been failing me but that was for burning Dreamcast stuff from cdi so that could be something different (Only had that issue since going windows 10 though)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-January-2017 at 04:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]