Thread: Iso don't play with PCSX2

Thanks

Default Iso don't play with PCSX2

Hi guys! I got a problem with PCSX2. It works perfectly with the original games I have, but it doesn't work with ISOs files. It says "File not found/IsoFileSystem". I think that's a common problem but I didn't find how to solve it on internet. The Game is Kingdom Hearts 1 and I downloaded it from emuparadise of course. I'm getting crazy. Maybe should I put the iso file in a specific folder? It is ina folder on the desktop...
    I have windows 10 and the other work good so I don't think it's my pc the problem. thank you

Thanks
    EP Points

Is the game compressed? You may just have to unzip. Could you post a screenshot of the file(s)

Doesn't really matter where the game is placed, you can browse for it in the pcsx2 emulator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Is the game compressed? You may just have to unzip. Could you post a screenshot of the file(s)

Doesn't really matter where the game is placed, you can browse for it in the pcsx2 emulator.
    These are the files. If I select the iso one it doesn't play ...

Name:  ddddd.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  66.0 KB

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks as though you may have extracted iso itself. Go into the options of whatever zip program you use and look for an option for file association and unclick iso, bin etc. And extract the .rar or zip. This way it won't extract the actual iso.

You should just have the 1 iso file when done.

Thanks

I don't see any of these options... what unzip program do you use? I used 7-zip and winrar

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by UnapologeticLore View Post
    I don't see any of these options... what unzip program do you use? I used 7-zip and winrar
    If you've been using 7zip then uninstall winrar, you don't need it and it's causing you some confusion here.
    You only need the most recent version of 7zip, it has been able to handle rar5 archives for some time now.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Hi, I uploaded 7zip but still it unzippes the iso file in (too) many files instead of one file. Can you please give me instructions about the options i must disable? Because even if it's uploaded, it seems to me quite the same. Thank you

OMG Guys I solved the problem. The files i showed you were into the iso file. It showed me the iso file as a zip file, so i tought I had to unzip it! It was not, I simply had to launch the iso file (that contained all the files I showed you). I don't know if it's clear, anyway I solved it! Thank you guys!
    Last edited by deadlegion; 4th-January-2017 at 03:21. Reason: merged posts

Thanks

You should have a file called Game is Kingdom Hearts 1.7z

Right click on it and choose 7zip. The submenu should open, select "Extract files". It should unzip to the iso file in the same directory as Game is Kingdom Hearts 1.7z.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

hint right click on the iso file that shows as a zip hit the open with option and select a burning prog from the open with option, select the always open with option and hit OK that will re-asign what the file opens with

Or you can just set windows to always show file extensions then you can see for yourself what file type you are looking at

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR