This is going to be an odd one, but every version of the game I downloaded off of here and iso zone is its own kind of messed up.

Most versions of the game I download like the ReviveDC Release and the Crave release have a bug in World 2-1 where the playable character is supposed to mount a toy horse at the beginning of the stage in order to progress, the mounting animation is never triggered in these releases and the character just stands there, you can exit the level and all but you can't progress further.
The versions that let you reach World 2-1 all work flawlessly until that part, they seem to all be NTSC US versions.

Usually the PAL versions I download are bugged, it has missing shadows and you can't throw boxes which once again prevents progression.

I DO have a working bootleg of this game, it's a PAL release my friend owns but I have no way of backing that up and uploading it anywhere. Basically when I back it up with Imgburn it creates an ISO or a bin and a cue whiever I set it to, but when I try to burn that it always fails, the copies I download off the internet all burn nicely.

I did find ONE copy I can not burn, I believe it's the European version from here I can't remember anymore and that acts the same way as my friend's copy when I try to burn it, so maybe that's the working one, who knows.

I'm out of discs, I burned 15 copies of this dumb game trying to find a working one.

And yes I WILL buy the game original, I collect games, it's what I do, I buy originals and I play them unlike other collectors, but I wanted to have a working bootleg too.