Thread: I can't find a working Super Magnetic Neo for Dreamcast anywhere

Thanks
    EP Points

Default I can't find a working Super Magnetic Neo for Dreamcast anywhere

This is going to be an odd one, but every version of the game I downloaded off of here and iso zone is its own kind of messed up.

Most versions of the game I download like the ReviveDC Release and the Crave release have a bug in World 2-1 where the playable character is supposed to mount a toy horse at the beginning of the stage in order to progress, the mounting animation is never triggered in these releases and the character just stands there, you can exit the level and all but you can't progress further.
    The versions that let you reach World 2-1 all work flawlessly until that part, they seem to all be NTSC US versions.

Usually the PAL versions I download are bugged, it has missing shadows and you can't throw boxes which once again prevents progression.

I DO have a working bootleg of this game, it's a PAL release my friend owns but I have no way of backing that up and uploading it anywhere. Basically when I back it up with Imgburn it creates an ISO or a bin and a cue whiever I set it to, but when I try to burn that it always fails, the copies I download off the internet all burn nicely.

I did find ONE copy I can not burn, I believe it's the European version from here I can't remember anymore and that acts the same way as my friend's copy when I try to burn it, so maybe that's the working one, who knows.

I'm out of discs, I burned 15 copies of this dumb game trying to find a working one.

And yes I WILL buy the game original, I collect games, it's what I do, I buy originals and I play them unlike other collectors, but I wanted to have a working bootleg too.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

If you check EP's main site, Zorlon has just updated the entire Dreamcast section.

http://www.emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=1130

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dream...rting-With-S/1

Thanks
    EP Points

I donwloaded the game yesterday or earlier this morning tho
    so
    I'm sure I got the updated ones, yeah they're the same I got.
    One can't be burned, I'll have to try an older burner maybe and the other one has the bug where Neo won't mount the horse

sad thing is I have a working PAL bootleg on me now, but I can't make a backup it seems, dunno how or something I have no idea

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What are you burning with?

Though you can use ImgBurn, I noticed this stopped working for DC images with Windows 10 (resulting burn is a bad one though it will complete the burn the disc may not be fully playable) but Discjuggler still works perfect (I need to go back to windows 7 at some point, myself just too lazy to sort that out)

Could be the media also

Anyway nothing wrong with the images up both DCCM (EU) and RDC (US) are good rips, the RDC one may have a better sort if it needed adjusting from the GD-Rom sort for better reading, if not though both should be equally as good

Backing up also use Discjuggler fro Dreamcast not ImgBurn, bin+cue format is not as flexable as Discjuggler and alot of games will not work when backups are done via ImgBurn in general (This does only apply to Dreamcast images otherwise ImgBurn is the best general burning software out there, just not for Dreamcast)

EDIT free version of Discjuggler is enough for both backing up and burning Dreamcast games even those with overburning, for some reason the limit is always ignored (I am presuming the limit only applies to DVD discs)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-December-2016 at 13:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll try Discjuggler and see if things improve, granted my burner isn't the best but the bug that happens in the versions I burn is always at the same spot and always the same thing, World 2-1, Neo won't mount the horse.
    Hopefully Discjuggler fixes this, if not I'll try an older computer with Windows XP, I'm on Windows 8.1 on my main computer atm.

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion to use Discjuggler! I was able to copy my friend's fully working Super Magnetic Neo easily with it and it works on my system too!
    I didn't test if the bugged ISO's I download are bugged indeed or if it was Imgburn messing up tho. But being able to make a backup of my friend's game for him worked out fine.

Again, thanks ton and Happy New Year!
    Last edited by ShinigamiKiba; 1st-January-2017 at 13:47.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The later I know they work

But happy you got the thing playing, that is all that counts

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR