Thread: Anybody using PS3 with CFW?

Thanks

Default Anybody using PS3 with CFW?

Hello. I firstly want to thank the people that created and maintain the site, from ROM/ISO availability and the helpful messages on the pages...everything is just wonderful.

So I recently decided to try the emulation related side of my REBUG 4.80 PS3 and after finding out how easy it is to run PS2 games, I'm now thinking of trying PS1 games.

Problem is the game I downloaded consists of 1 .ecm, 1 .ape, and 1 .cue.
    I tried running it as is, and although the machine recognize the folder it won't load and just freezes at the PS1 logo screen (Without an actual PS1 logo too, I wonder why). Naturally, I went back to my PC and follow the directions provided here (http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757) and everything went well, I ended up with 2 .bins, and 1 .cue.
    Seeing as there are 2 .bins, I proceed to use ISOBuster. Then the program told me I am missing a track.
    Now I don't know what to do, and also what to further Google as most of the people who use these are using emulators, not a PS3.

Which is why I made an account and thought to ask you veterans to show me the right way.

The game, by the way, is a 3-discs G-Generation F and can be found on this site. I only tried the above with Disc 1 as I assume it works individually.
    Thanks anyway, I hope someone can help. happy holidays.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I do have a PS3 with CFW, but I haven't tried any emulation options cause just about anything I'd wanna fiddle with is covered by PSNDL. Plus I have modded PS1's and PS2's.

Anyways, I fully suspect that playing PS1 games is as simple as you think it is. And you just need a simple bin/cue disc image. I haven't fixed a multi-part disc image in years, but I'm sure there are detailed guides out there. My best/simplest suggestion, these weird disc images are usually setup to work easily with a PC, so mount the weird image to a virtual drive, then rip a normal bin/cue with ImgBurn or what have you.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, usually PSNDL would suffice just this time I was aiming for nostalgia with that very rare game. XD
    Anyway, in the end I give up and looked for another site that has the thing. Found it, was a pack of CCD/IMG/SUB but work like a charm.
    Can also confirm that simple BIN/CUE games works, in case anyone is curious.

So that's that. Now I got a PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3 in one machine. Damn, I hope one day PS4 reach this level of greatness.
    Anyway, thanks for the reply and the advice! Happy new year.
    Last edited by reagen; 1st-January-2017 at 13:39.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hint:- Next time check the cue file in notepad and see what it is looking for, might of been a bin + Wav or a Bin + Bin file, converting bin to wav is just a rename anyway, but I dropped a batch file in that thread you linked to do that for you, comes in handy if you get one with lots of cdda tracks (cdda is a Compact disc digital audio)

Never did like those redump style images myself just adds to confusion for our members, but they had been verified as good dumps mostly, though it does shame me to admit there are some odd bad dumps in there (Not many they are few and far between but they are still there)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-December-2016 at 18:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Will try that if I come across the situation again. Thanks for the tip, Zorlon.