Thread: Mounting .cue .bin in Windows 10

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by hansuke View Post
    Yes, I forgot the BIOS. >.<

Thanks for that. Forgot that CD games require BIOS files.

Is there a way to scan directories with multiple folders with games in them? I tried to scan by selecting "scan this directory" but it says it found nothing. I have to manually select and open each folder with a game inside of it to add it to the library which is very tedious.
    Multiple folder scanning no, single folder yes.

For console roms you need No-Intro sets.

For Arcade Rom sets you need the romset matching the cores you have and their version.

To auto scan you just have to highlight the folder and press the left face button [Y/Square/etc.] and it will start the scan process then put that playlist in the main tabs.

Its prety easy to have all the main consoles scanned and easily accessed with picture thumbnails for each game, toggle the thumbnails with the left face button.

Also, I can't seem to add any pc engine or sega saturn games by scanning for them using the add content option. Sometimes when I select a pc engine cd game, it wrongly thinks it's a sega saturn game and tries to run it using the sega saturn core. I have to manually select the pc engine core and then browse through my directories to find and select the cd game each time I want to play.

Wondering if there is a better way to do this?
    CD Console sets require Redump but I'm still a tad confused on those, it appears they require manual outside of RA creation.

It appears with the latest RetroArch nightlies you can now just add folders instead of having to do that tedious process.

I will try to help you with any other info regarding RA as I am the resident RetroArch guru here.
    Last edited by Warrior; 27th-December-2016 at 07:28.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Multiple folder scanning no, single folder yes.

For console roms you need No-Intro sets.

For Arcade Rom sets you need the romset matching the cores you have and their version.

To auto scan you just have to highlight the folder and press the left face button [Y/Square/etc.] and it will start the scan process then put that playlist in the main tabs.

Its prety easy to have all the main consoles scanned and easily accessed with picture thumbnails for each game, toggle the thumbnails with the left face button.

CD Console sets require Redump but I'm still a tad confused on those, it appears they require manual outside of RA creation.

It appears with the latest RetroArch nightlies you can now just add folders instead of having to do that tedious process.

I will try to help you with any other info regarding RA as I am the resident RetroArch guru here.
    Ah, that sucks that you can't scan multiple folders for games.

I'm just surprised that no one plays emulators that require mounted CD games on Windows 10.

Still am wondering if there is a fix for monuting .cue files.....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by hansuke View Post
    Ah, that sucks that you can't scan multiple folders for games.

I'm just surprised that no one plays emulators that require mounted CD games on Windows 10.

Still am wondering if there is a fix for monuting .cue files.....
    Not use Windows 10?

Just scan each folder, there should only be a handful .

Oh I did say you can add favorite folders right?

its a new feature to help bypass some limitations with playlists.

Just take your time and learn the ins and outs of RetroArch and you are bound to have a good time.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Thanks for all the help with RetroArch!

Hopefully somebody that has experience with Windows 10 and emulators can shed some insight on the mountint .cue problem.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you need more help please don't hesitate to ask, il try my best to give you a hand with RetroArch as its seriously the best thing since sliced bread.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I still use disc image mounting in Windows 10 , still works with emulators that don't support disc images directly, though very little use for it now for Emulation at the stage it is at now.

Though also will be dropping Windows 10 when I get round to doing that and revert to Windows 7 because a few of the tools I use do not work in Windows 10 at all.

SSF last I checked (admit it was some time ago was still better at emulating Saturn than Yabause [Faster and with higher compat but requires a CD drive to read from])

If you have a high enough spec PC the speed thing should not even be noticed and as Yabause is active it may well be as good as SSF if not better now, SSF is now a dead emulator as far as development goes and closed source so nothing for any other devs to build on

That would be the last of emulators that need a CD drive (or Virtual drive)

PC Engine used to be Magic Engine as the go to emu but not now, that also read CD based games from a CD drive (or Virtual drive), though I don't think Magic Engine is dead ,it is closed source though and asides from demo versions you also need to buy that (Magic Engine is a very good emulator though, but it is not freeware)

There are a number of emulators that do require an CD drive or Virtual one but those are old emulators now and mostly very outdated to what is available now

Also note that most the issues users have when using a mounted CD drive has more to do with CD disc Image issues than the software used to mount them.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-December-2016 at 10:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

You can always test with a Virtual Machine. Microsoft offers them for free.
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...rtual-machines

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As far as Virtual Machines go Virtualbox is the best one to get comfortable with thats available on all OS's.