Thread: I'm searching for 6.61 CFW for PSP Go

Thanks

Default I'm searching for 6.61 CFW for PSP Go

im searching for custom firmware 6.61 update for download. anyone have a link? i just got a psp go. already have the games ready with best emulators.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You don't actually need 6.61.
    6.60 CFW will support all games even the recent ones.

What OFW does the Go have on it at the moment?

Have a look on Wololo for CFW, there will be PRO-C fix3 and LME 2.3 options you can use. I use both but just temp versions on different micro SD adaptors.

Edit:
    Thread moved and title edited.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 20th-December-2016 at 08:54.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

no custom firmware. just a PlayStation 6.60 update. do you need the custome firmware to install emulators and play retro games? i tried searching on youtube which was pointless. i know nothing of psps except the games use iso files to play on the emulator ppsspp. i have all the folders set up correctly in the system storage. the psps completely empty of memory. i have a computer. where do i place the files in the system storage?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

6.60 is the best firmware version to be on (downgrade if needs be) and yes you still need to CFW it

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 has all the retail firmwares (Note that the PSPGo has it's own versions of the updates)

There are also Pops files there too for Popsloader

Look in the guides stuck thread here and look at either the Pro setup (Best is Pro C with fix 3 Applied, C-2 though added PSone Classics bugs) or the Minimum Edition(ME) Setup either works

First update the Official Firmware then do the CFW

Depending on the Model of PSP you can either perm mod it or for later models temp mod it (needs activating every time you reboot, but everyone that does the temp option seems to be happy that it get reactivated with speed and ease and has no complaints about it)

My PSP is perm modded though so can't comment on my own about the temp mod/reactivation thing

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah you need CFW.
    PSP game images (iso or cso) go in the ISO folder. Eboots go in the GAME folder.
    Most emulators should have info about where to put roms and what format they should be, if not then google or you can ask here about specific emulator issues.

You only need 6.60 CFW.

Edit:
    For a noob I would suggest just lite aka temp CFW. There is virtually zero chance of bricking your console.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Dude, I'm new to the psp mod and stuff. Before I really read up on it, I took both my psp and psp go from 6.60 to 6.61. I think I screwed up, how do I get them back to the 6.60? Any and all info, help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Freak Pride

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope you can downgrade easy enough

google psp 6.61 downgrader
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-February-2017 at 10:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR