Thread: Null DC Emulation Error

Thanks

Default Null DC Emulation Error

So I've tried to emulate THE RING: TERROR'S REALM (sry, had to use caps) on null dc. For some reason the game likes to crash, sometimes it crashes when I get into the title screen, sometimes it crashes after getting through the first cutscene and sometimes it crashes when you boot the RING program in the game. It never crashes during gameplay, cutscenes. It only crashes when going from gameplay to cutscene or backwards. Here's the console's screen:

Spoiler warning:

The emulator freezes, I can't reset the system or anything like that. I've also tried 2 different CDI files of the game, both freezes in the same time.

Cheers.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What revision of 1.0.4 are you using?

The best is r150

You can also try using Demul and or Retroarch using the dreamcast core "Reicast"

Asides from using a different version of the emulator I can't see much helping with the issue as it is obviously and emulator issue not a disc image issue

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    What revision of 1.0.4 are you using?

The best is r150

You can also try using Demul and or Retroarch using the dreamcast core "Reicast"

Asides from using a different version of the emulator I can't see much helping with the issue as it is obviously and emulator issue not a disc image issue
    I've been using null dc July 2010 version. I've downloaded the r150 and it allowed me to go further in the game, unfortunately, another error appeared (it crashed when I was going into another level). Here's the console's screen:

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Demul is a more compatible emulator but uses a lot more resources making it a slower emulator (depending on your specs)
    Reicast is a faster emulator though if you can get it working that is (It's a core for Retroarch)

I just use a Dreamcast though myself and only really used emulation as a testing platform

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've tried Demul and the game works in stable 60FPS. It also loads faster and I could save the game. Problem solved I guess, now thanks to you I can play this crappy game.

Thanks mate.

EDIT: Thread can be closed now.