Thread: vmsbrowser does not recognize vmu

Thanks

Default vmsbrowser does not recognize vmu

I followed all the steps in this guide to transfer save data http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?9034 , but vmsbrowser wont recognize the vmu I made. I cant find any answers anywhere else online. I'm just trying to get all the characters for mvc2, why is this so hard?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are plenty of VMU image editors out there, so it may be a format issue then you just need to use something different

What format is the VMU image and did you format the VMU before trying to use a VMU editor

To format a VMU that is recognised by an emulator, just to boot the emulator up with no disc to get to the bios options go to the big VMU icon and make sure it is formatted there

P.S. you linked to something that is not a guide for this, just looks like an old thread full of spam
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2016 at 17:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    There are plenty of VMU image editors out there, so it may be a format issue then you just need to use something different

What format is the VMU image and did you format the VMU before trying to use a VMU editor

To format a VMU that is recognised by an emulator, just to boot the emulator up with no disc to get to the bios options go to the big VMU icon and make sure it is formatted there

P.S. you linked to something that is not a guide for this, just looks like an old thread full of spam
    Whoops, I used the wrong link somehow
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ULLDC-Emulator

But I followed this guide completely.
    I formated the VMU just like you and the guide said but vmsbrowser doesn't recognize it. I'm using the exact same save so the VMU image is .dci and the VMU itself is a .bin . I can run vmsbrowser, but it just won't open the VMU I made and it won't let me transfer the save file.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

convert the dci image to vms format

dci is just used for Nexus memory cards, I think I have one of those myself, though don't use the PC transfer software with it as I own a SD card adaptor that I backup saves with instead in raw format

EDIT use http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/dci_converter/?lg=en to convert
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2016 at 19:19.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

convert the dci image to vms format

dci is just used for Nexus memory cards, I think I have one of those myself, though don't use the PC transfer software with it as I own a SD card adaptor that I backup saves with instead in raw format

EDIT use http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/dci_converter/?lg=en to convert
    Thanks for the converter...but how do I use the new vms file? Vmsbrowser still wont recognize my vmu and I'm not sure how to open this file in nullDC. Should I just use demul instead?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

where did you get the vmu file to start with NullDC reads bin files and they are auto created but can be edited

When you format the memory of the VMU the VMU memcard is created as a file then you can edit the files in it

Use VMU Explorer instead from http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/outil/pc/

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

where did you get the vmu file to start with NullDC reads bin files and they are auto created but can be edited

When you format the memory of the VMU the VMU memcard is created as a file then you can edit the files in it

Use VMU Explorer instead from http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/outil/pc/
    Thanks for all the help, I finally managed to transfer the save file. I tested it out in game and I have all MvC2 characters now.