Thread: Metroid prime has no video on Dolphin

Thanks

Default Metroid prime has no video on Dolphin

When i start up Metroid Prime, i have no video, but i do have audio, and control.

Settings and hardware:

http://imgur.com/a/dYrJ2

This is what happens when i try to play it:

https://youtu.be/4p7bhrUH_1U

I reinstalled Dolphin and i got a new ISO. Version 5.0

Thanks

Arrow

Good evening !

First, thank you to give so much information, even if I can't understand everything. You just forgot to say if you were playing the gamecube or the Wii version, but that doesn't really matter.

Dolphin has made a wiki about the emulator and the games that can be played with it, detailing problems that may happen while playing. If you want to know what is required to have your game working, go check the wiki here : https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...=Metroid_Prime

I hope I was helpful.

PS : I'm sorry if there are grammar faults or misspellings, I'm French.

Thanks

It says "There are no reported problems with this title, though open issues may exist in Dolphin's Issue Tracker."

And when i checked that, i couldn't find anything helpful

Thanks for replying, took 3 weeks for anything

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Except for the huge note:-

Shader Compilation Stuttering
    Metroid Prime (GC) is one of the most susceptible titles to shader compilation stuttering. The GC and Wii have no concept of shaders - everything is executed directly by the hardware without an intermediate programming language (API). Modern computers and mobile systems do not work in this way, requiring the use of shaders as an intermediary so your system's GPU can perform the tasks that the GC and Wii GPU performed directly. Shaders have to be generated though, and since GC/Wii games are not designed to create shaders ahead of time as a PC game would, when a new effect appears Dolphin has to delay the CPU thread while the GPU thread performs the compilation; a pause that does not exist on the consoles. For most games shader generation takes only a few milliseconds, but for a few demanding titles, the shaders that they generate are so large that they can result in noticeable stuttering, in severe cases pauses of over a second may occur.

Eventually stuttering will reduce as a shader cache is built up, but there is no solution to this problem at this time. Changing your GPU, updating your GPU drivers or updating Dolphin may invalidate the shader cache, requiring it to be rebuilt from scratch.
    P.S. sorry your post got missed but by the sounds of it there is nothing you can do about that

Things to try though are
    updating your systems GPU driver set (If the Shader cache can not be created no Graphics would be shown at all)
    try different backends OpenGL, Direct 3D ect

Best way to play GC and Wii though is still from a console, the Wii is so easy to mod it is worth buying one just to mod and use an external USB HDD with it

No games are needed to mod a Wii but do recommend you look for one with GC ports as newer versions removed the GC ports
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-January-2017 at 20:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Best way to play GC and Wii though is still from a console
    Yeah, i've been playing the GC version on Wii. The two main reasons were for savestates and randomizer, so that i could play the game differently. Thanks for the help though

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Save states tend to be the more unstable way to save anyway as it is far to easy for them to become corrupt

The Randomizer can still be used with your Wii

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: