Thread: Is Emuparadise capping DL speeds for non-premium users?

Thanks

Default Is Emuparadise capping DL speeds for non-premium users?

I tried downloading something for the first time in a few months and I immediately noticed the download speed is extremely low. Everywhere else on the web it's functioning at full speed, only on this site it's mysteriously running at 1/4 of the usual speed.
    I've also noticed a new download timer for non-premium users, so I'm wondering if EP took a stance of severely limiting site functionality in order to push premium accounts.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not at all. Weekends are peak times for EP and we had one server go down today so we have a little less capacity available today.

We do not cap speeds for free users. However, when that download timer shows up for free users then you know we're running at almost full capacity. (the download timer only shows up when the server usage goes up) This should be resolved in another 12-18 hours so you'll see the speed improve later. We will never cap anything for our free users or limit them in any way

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cloudropis View Post
    I'm wondering if EP took a stance of severely limiting site functionality in order to push premium accounts.
    If there is a speed restriction I think it would be more about reducing load on the servers.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If there is a speed restriction I think it would be more about reducing load on the servers.
    On a technical note, I've experimented with this before and when we cap the speed, server performance actually goes down because we get more users stuck downloading their stuff at the same time. So the best approach has been the timer approach to sort of slow them on the way in until the peak period passes. So no caps, just timers at peak times.

Thanks

Oh, nice to hear. Sorry for being straight to the point and maybe a bit aggressive but it wouldn't be the first time I'd see this kind of stuff pulled by popular sites, even the best ones.

Cheers, and have a nice day!