Page 200 of 268 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205210250 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 4012

Thread: The Wang Out: Penis in Nakayoshi World

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yes the net in Australia sucks. I really need to upgrade to 12 or 25Mbps fixed wireless as I'm still using 1.5Mbps ADSL atm...but it would mean paying more than double what I am now plus I'd have to switch to a dynamic IP

Even with the higher speeds in major cities (100Mbps) there's lag afaik, it's a complete joke for online gaming.
    Wow...it's been almost 6 years since i last talked to him and it hasn't changed atall has it? They still capping you at 30gig a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    :no:
    :O FINE! You don't get any of my *sip* (i used to piss myself at the advert for XXXX XD)
    Last edited by Crash-Headroom; 13th-March-2017 at 15:25.
    Spoiler warning:

Check out my own music at:
    https://crash-headroom.bandcamp.com/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Crash-Headroom View Post
    ...I don't know which post to respond to!! XD.

Well, can't find the vid off hand but i know crowbcat made one taking the piss out of it. RTS is indeed shit on consoles...which is why "RTS is a dead genre man its SOOO shit!" Because they cant make money off it on consoles Which is ALSO why even though i may not like the new X-Com games, i tolerate them because fraxis tried and PROVED RTS is still a valid genre, if only for PC. While on the subject of RTS, OpenRA is getting bigger and bigger because there's nothing else around XD they've had to make make a fuckton of new servers because ofit. If it was like it used to be and pc didnt care about console and vice versa things would still be fun and innovative, but companies want dat MONEH and it lies in the console users pockets...not in the pc market XD We don't like being screwed over! I find it funny articles are written saying "PC users are disgusting because they dont like paying over 20 pound / 30 dollers for a game!" ...no, we dont like paying over 20 pound for JUST DATA! Not even a CD or something to put in your hand, its 40-60 pound/dollers now for data and some people also have to contend with ISP bandwidths (australia is still kind of fucked on that front...i used to cringe when my freind would tell me tales of telstra, steam was almost a no go).
    The good old days, when the biggest titles were $40 - $50 and everything else was $30 or less .

Yes the net in Australia sucks. I really need to upgrade to 12 or 25Mbps fixed wireless as I'm still using 1.5Mbps ADSL atm...but it would mean paying more than double what I am now plus I'd have to switch to a dynamic IP

Even with the higher speeds in major cities (100Mbps) there's lag afaik, it's a complete joke for online gaming.
    The situation isn't much better in the US if you live anywhere rural. The major ISPs all have tons of money but refuse to offer service to smaller areas and barely want to update infrastructure for big areas. They're also still avoiding competing with each other and only servicing select areas in cities unless something changed very recently.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wow...it's been almost 6 years since i last talked to him and it hasn't changed atall has it? They still capping you at 30gig a month?

:O FINE! You don't get any of my *sip* (i used to piss myself at the advert for XXXX XD)
    Oh no! That changes everything!
    What's xxxx? I like Molson's XXX.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

lol no
    I've never used telstra as an ISP, last time I had a data cap was way way back when I was using 56k dialup Even at my current low speed I dl more than 30GB per month.

I only go for unlimited data deals, for twice what I pay now I can switch to 12Mbps but then I'd have a 200GB cap. I'd have to pay a little more for unlimited of course but having a higher speed and a cap is totally fucking pointless imo.
    25Mbps unlimited is nearly 3 times what I pay, but all the fixed wireless options mean changing to a dynamic IP which totally sucks balls.

ADSL I can't get any faster here 'cos the dslam at the exchange will never be upgraded afaik, nobody will do that because a wireless tower was put up nearby.
    There is talk of them increasing wireless speeds to 100 or more though.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In glass of course.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    The good old days, when the biggest titles were $40 - $50 and everything else was $30 or less .

The situation isn't much better in the US if you live anywhere rural. The major ISPs all have tons of money but refuse to offer service to smaller areas and barely want to update infrastructure for big areas. They're also still avoiding competing with each other and only servicing select areas in cities unless something changed very recently.
    *hits you over the head with his cane* anybody home!? Think mcfly of course cheaper is better XD And they were longer to!
    Oh i didn't think it had quite gotten that bad in merica See...things are a bit more 1984 here but there arn't any limits if you get me. If they see you uploading a HUGE volume then they look into what you are doing and more often than not just bar you from the sites you are uploading to XD continually...Take me for example, almost every torrent site is blocked for me now but they won't really do much because...well...no money can be made of the things i download really XD its all old movies and such you can't buy anymore so they shrug, block me and off i go to a proxy or something XD Im about sick of thinking i want to buy an old movie to watch and then seeing "oh fuck you it was a super rare release so 80 POUNDS MORON!" as was the case when i went to buy the blob (both 1960s and 1980s version) on blueray....and then the uncut german version of lawnmower man and so on .
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I've had this speed for more than 6 years now. So that guy you were talking to back then isn't very smart if he was using telstra with a 30GB cap. Probably cost him more than what I was paying back then too.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

lol no
    I've never used telstra as an ISP, last time I had a data cap was way way back when I was using 56k dialup Even at my current low speed I dl more than 30GB per month.

I only go for unlimited data deals, for twice what I pay now I can switch to 12Mbps but then I'd have a 200GB cap. I'd have to pay a little more for unlimited of course but having a higher speed and a cap is totally fucking pointless imo.
    25Mbps unlimited is nearly 3 times what I pay, but all the fixed wireless options mean changing to a dynamic IP which totally sucks balls.

ADSL I can't get any faster here 'cos the dslam at the exchange will never be upgraded afaik, nobody will do that because a wireless tower was put up nearby.
    Im on that weird "it is and isnt cable!" version of ADSL (basically i get 4 meg down and 290kbps up :/...it makes streaming and playing games like GTA V almost impossible online).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Oh no! That changes everything!
    What's xxxx? I like Molson's XXX.
    You denied me the most sacred pop of corns! No beer for you :'(
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol no

Some of the stupidest crap ever. It's on the level with 'SPEEDBOOZTR for the first 5mb!!'. I'd probably take a 200 - 300GB cap if I could get 20mbps and <100ms 99% of the time if it was the same rate or slightly more. I'm paying $40/month for 3mbps and 100 - 150ms on a good day .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Maybe I'm wrong and everyone loves instantly downloading files instead of waiting a couple seconds .

Thanks
    EP Points

I've had this speed for more than 6 years now. So that guy you were talking to back then isn't very smart if he was using telstra with a 30GB cap. Probably cost him more than what I was paying back then too.
    It wasn't quite that he was stupid, it was the fact he lived in the arse end of nowhere, with 4 houses next to him then NOTHING for miles XD Telstra were the only ones who had a line out to where he lived. Showed me on google maps man it is honestly deserted, his house, 4 others, a farm a mile away and then NOTHING till ...uhhh....crap was it victora he lived near? Think he said victora, was 2 hour drive i remember him saying that from where he was.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

In theory a 200GB looks fine if you take in account I don't download that in a month atm anyway. But if you have 12 or 25 you can hit that, then it's one of two things (depending on what your plan setup is)...pay more for every extra bit of data or get throttled right back to less than what I have now.

I'm not interested in managing my data usage, that's so 90s.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

In theory a 200GB looks fine if you take in account I don't download that in a month atm anyway. But if you have 12 or 25 you can hit that, then it's one of two things (depending on what your plan setup is)...pay more for every extra bit of data or get throttled right back to less than what I have now.

I'm not interested in managing my data usage, that's so 90s.
    I have to monitor my upload or bad things may happen Don't want mega or emu being blocked XD so i stick to under 9gig upload a month if that.
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

It wasn't quite that he was stupid, it was the fact he lived in the arse end of nowhere, with 4 houses next to him then NOTHING for miles XD Telstra were the only ones who had a line out to where he lived. Showed me on google maps man it is honestly deserted, his house, 4 others, a farm a mile away and then NOTHING till ...uhhh....crap was it victora he lived near? Think he said victora, was 2 hour drive i remember him saying that from where he was.
    I'm in country Victoria, in a small town of a couple hundred people.
    Plenty of 3rd party ISPs have been using telstra hardware longer than 6 years. In fact the local exchange here only has telstra and optus gear afaik, all the other ISPs resell from that.

What he claimed just doesn't seem right. I've never heard of someone only being able to use telstra ADSL and not any other ISP reselling...it's actually against the law and should be investigated. Competition has been around here for a long time.

The wireless tower is probably different though as it's NBN, but I haven't read into that.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm in country Victoria, in a small town of a couple hundred people.
    Plenty of 3rd party ISPs have been using telstra hardware longer than 6 years. In fact the local exchange here only has telstra and optus gear afaik, all the other ISPs resell from that.

What he claimed just doesn't seem right. I've never heard of someone only being able to use telstra ADSL and not any other ISP reselling...it's actually against the law and should be investigated. Competition has been around here for a long time.

The wireless tower is probably different though as it's NBN, but I haven't read into that.
    we stopped talking a round about 2013, but this was all back in 08-09 time and i go purly off what he told me and tbh he said what they were doing was illegal at the time XD You would need to ask him, his name is Jenkins08. All i know is, it made trying to make a game hard :/ lol
    Spoiler warning: