Page 126 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4012

Thread: The Wang Out: Penis in Nakayoshi World

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Frog_Ghost View Post
    4 was absolutely gorgeous for what they had to work with.
    For sure! The game did feel like it suffered a little presentation-wise in other areas (the talking portraits for a lot of scenes that probably should have been engine-driven cutscenes come to mind), but the environments and models were both gorgeous for a non-SquEnix RPG of the time. I remember stopping on several occasions in the autumn river location just to admire the scenery. So pretty.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    4 and 5 are somewhat divisive for a lot of series fans (4 in particular, by what I've seen), but as someone who likes the series but is by no means a die hard, I found both to be worth a go. The revamped battle system is really good fun (though so, so easy to break, especially with Raquel in 4... :'D), and the platforming / side scrolling elements are a good fit for the series, and somewhat make amends for the less interesting puzzles. Story in 4 gets a bit stupid as it goes on (though there are a couple of characters I liked!), but it doesn't veer into painfully bad territory, and is still reasonably enjoyable if you can turn off your brain. :'D And I quite liked the story and characters of 5, copious anime tropes and all. Music is also great as always, particularly 5's soundtrack, which has a couple of really killer battle and boss themes. <3 They're not top tier PS2 JRPGs by any means, and I probably prefer 1-3, but don't go in with super-high expectations and you'll probably have fun if you like that kind of game.

I also thought both were quite pretty for middling budget PS2 RPGs (though I missed the cel-shaded models of 3), and 4 in particular had a couple of environments that I remember really liking the look of back in the day.
    as long as they don't have horrid english VA's(even if they do I can try to find un-dubs of them)I'll give them a shot.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    as long as they don't have horrid english VA's(even if they do I can try to find un-dubs of them)I'll give them a shot.
    Get ready for hell

Thanks
    EP Points

Ever watch the old Monkey tv series? I mean the live action one that started in '78, I believe the original Japanese title was Saiyūki.
    English dub isn't horribly done, but then it isn't a US dub.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd take most anything over bad Japanese acting .

*blows smoke from six shooter*
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 31st-January-2017 at 21:44.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

She's been having issues with her ex making fake profiles of her. I'm just leaving it alone for now.

Kindle finally came in today, and got my schedule for work. After this week, I work 2 days a week. Sucks, but at least my foots in the door.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    She's been having issues with her ex making fake profiles of her. I'm just leaving it alone for now.

Kindle finally came in today, and got my schedule for work. After this week, I work 2 days a week. Sucks, but at least my foots in the door.
    Making a fake profile yourself is always an option down the line .

Thanks
    EP Points

I played both in Japanese and can't comment either way on the English dubs, but I'd be very surprised if someone hadn't done an undub by this point. It seems like pretty much everything has an undub version these days.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Ever watch the old Monkey tv series? I mean the live action one that started in '78, I believe the original Japanese title was Saiyūki.
    English dub isn't horribly done, but then it isn't a US dub.
    I used to watch that with my dad growing up. Lots of fond memories.

I think some people are a wee bit too tough on modern US dubs of Japanese games, though. I could understand the argument back in the 90s, where outside of a handful of exceptions (hey there Metal Gear Solid~), US dubs of Japanese games were at best half-assed and at worst voiced by people who weren't actors and seemed to have no concept of what acting even entailed. And I think it's fair to say that back then the Japanese dub was almost always vastly superior by default. From about the early 2000s, though, I think that gap in quality, budget and effort was already beginning to close, and the odd disaster dub aside, I really don't think English dubbing of Japanese games has been substantially worse than the original stuff for a long time now. I think undubs are cool because a lot of people simply like their foreign media to be voiced in its original language (I don't really watch many dubbed movies in any language for the same reason). But I don't think there's really the huge gap in quality there anymore that some people seem to.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Which game were you wondering about?

Star Ocean 4 has Eng/Jap voice tracks on PS3, SO5 as well if my memory serves me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Get ready for hell
    Its pretty fuckin bad Jim.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Great show. Yeah some kids here had broomsticks painted black with gold ends
    Have you seen all the episodes that were left out of the English series but finally got dubbed by the original actors back in 2004? There has been a proper complete DVD set out for some time now.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Which game were you wondering about?

Star Ocean 4 has Eng/Jap voice tracks on PS3, SO5 as well if my memory serves me.

Its pretty fuckin bad Jim.
    wild arms 4 and 5
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

wild arms 4 and 5

The voices in Wild Arms 4 and 5 are pretty damn decent honestly, the VAs are from the same studio and they are pretty high tier.

Yuri Lowenthal voices Arnaud in 4 and Dean in 5, one of my fav Eng VAs.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I played both in Japanese and can't comment either way on the English dubs, but I'd be very surprised if someone hadn't done an undub by this point. It seems like pretty much everything has an undub version these days.

I think some people are a wee bit too tough on modern US dubs of Japanese games, though. I could understand the argument back in the 90s, where outside of a handful of exceptions (hey there Metal Gear Solid~), US dubs of Japanese games were at best half-assed and at worst voiced by people who weren't actors and seemed to have no concept of what acting even entailed. And I think it's fair to say that back then the Japanese dub was almost always vastly superior by default. From about the early 2000s, though, I think that gap in quality, budget and effort was already beginning to close, and the odd disaster dub aside, I really don't think English dubbing of Japanese games has been substantially worse than the original stuff for a long time now. I think undubs are cool because a lot of people simply like their foreign media to be voiced in its original language (I don't really watch many dubbed movies in any language for the same reason). But I don't think there's really the huge gap in quality there anymore that some people seem to.
    What do you think of modern Japanese voice work? I don't know enough about the language to make informed comments but, I feel like there was a pretty stark decline in general VO quality for anime past the early 2000s.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think there has been a decline in overall quality of anime for some time, regardless of voice acting. So much crap now.

Spoiler warning: