Page 125 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4012

Thread: The Wang Out: Penis in Nakayoshi World

Thanks
    EP Points

Never played any of the others meself.

Speaking of jrpgs I still need to finish Star Ocean 4

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Never played any of the others meself.

Speaking of jrpgs I still need to finish Star Ocean 4
    I've been playing that recently too. Had seen the story and characters be ruthlessly mocked on both Japanese and Western communities, so I went in with extremely low expectations. :'D And I agree that both of those aspects of the game are pretty much nonsense so far (I actually muted Lymle's voice because of how ridiculously annoying it was). But you don't really play tri-Ace's games for story anyway, and as a game it's actually tons of fun.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I've been playing that recently too. Had seen the story and characters be ruthlessly mocked on both Japanese and Western communities, so I went in with extremely low expectations. :'D And I agree that both of those aspects of the game are pretty much nonsense so far (I actually muted Lymle's voice because of how ridiculously annoying it was). But you don't really play tri-Ace's games for story anyway, and as a game it's actually tons of fun.
    I don't really play for story all that much. Gotta love how you can skip cutscenes though and they give you a synopsis in a blurb of text. Wish every game had that.

And yeah her voice is beyond annoying. Pretty much all of them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Crash-Headroom View Post
    Nah bud you record stuff like that, not just for the lols but if she flips out and tries to do something to him (or lies and spreads crap about him) he has evidence to show the opposite. Recording that kind of stuff saves your arse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Exactly.
    You'd already have proof in the back and forth on the site, texts, or emails .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

EDGE MAVERICK!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    EDGE MAVERICK!
    A worthy successor to FAYT LEINGOD. Oh tri-Ace...

@Zal I had no idea you could skip the cutscenes and get a little summary! That's a really cool feature, particularly given tri-Ace's multiple difficulty settings and the way that they encourage replays. I had actually just set the subtitles to a foreign language and resolved to use the cutscenes for some language practice, but maybe if they get unbearably bad...

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually, I kinda like the whole WA series. 2 is somewhat marred by one of the worst RPG localisations of its generation (seriously, some of it is barely even readable), and 4, XF, and 5 (particularly the former two) lean a wee bit too heavily on the generic anime tropes for my tastes, but they're all lots of fun just the same, and I thought it was a pretty consistent series all things considered. Would like to see it come back in some form.
    I have been debating on whether or not to get 4 and 5 maybe I will after I finish 3 off and star ocean TOT off I really liked that game I just got really frustrated with a dungeon so I put it down and just haven't picked it back up in a while.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I have been debating on whether or not to get 4 and 5 maybe I will after I finish 3 off and star ocean TOT off I really liked that game I just got really frustrated with a dungeon so I put it down and just haven't picked it back up in a while.
    4 and 5 are somewhat divisive for a lot of series fans (4 in particular, by what I've seen), but as someone who likes the series but is by no means a die hard, I found both to be worth a go. The revamped battle system is really good fun (though so, so easy to break, especially with Raquel in 4... :'D), and the platforming / side scrolling elements are a good fit for the series, and somewhat make amends for the less interesting puzzles. Story in 4 gets a bit stupid as it goes on (though there are a couple of characters I liked!), but it doesn't veer into painfully bad territory, and is still reasonably enjoyable if you can turn off your brain. :'D And I quite liked the story and characters of 5, copious anime tropes and all. Music is also great as always, particularly 5's soundtrack, which has a couple of really killer battle and boss themes. <3 They're not top tier PS2 JRPGs by any means, and I probably prefer 1-3, but don't go in with super-high expectations and you'll probably have fun if you like that kind of game.

I also thought both were quite pretty for middling budget PS2 RPGs (though I missed the cel-shaded models of 3), and 4 in particular had a couple of environments that I remember really liking the look of back in the day.

Thanks

I also thought both were quite pretty for middling budget PS2 RPGs (though I missed the cel-shaded models of 3), and 4 in particular had a couple of environments that I remember really liking the look of back in the day.
    4 was absolutely gorgeous for what they had to work with.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

4 and 5 are somewhat divisive for a lot of series fans (4 in particular, by what I've seen), but as someone who likes the series but is by no means a die hard, I found both to be worth a go. The revamped battle system is really good fun (though so, so easy to break, especially with Raquel in 4... :'D), and the platforming / side scrolling elements are a good fit for the series, and somewhat make amends for the less interesting puzzles. Story in 4 gets a bit stupid as it goes on (though there are a couple of characters I liked!), but it doesn't veer into painfully bad territory, and is still reasonably enjoyable if you can turn off your brain. :'D And I quite liked the story and characters of 5, copious anime tropes and all. Music is also great as always, particularly 5's soundtrack, which has a couple of really killer battle and boss themes. <3 They're not top tier PS2 JRPGs by any means, and I probably prefer 1-3, but don't go in with super-high expectations and you'll probably have fun if you like that kind of game.

I'd have to disagree on that. Particularly in regards to the breakdown that occurs later.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

FITE

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    I'd have to disagree on that. Particularly in regards to the breakdown that occurs later.
    Hahaha, yeah, probably should have added a YMMV to that, given how some people I know reacted to some of the later plot developments. Also, I first played it when I was reasonably young. There's a good chance that I would have a lot less tolerance for that kind of stuff now. :'D

Thanks

Hahaha, yeah, probably should have added a YMMV to that, given how some people I know reacted to some of the later plot developments. Also, I first played it when I was reasonably young. There's a good chance that I would have a lot less tolerance for that kind of stuff now. :'D
    Only one way to find out. Time to replay it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    FITE
    Hand me... Me fightin' pegleg.

I'm pretty jaded about that sort of stuff in JRPGs/anime but dang if my face didn't look like this during that portion of the game....