Page 33 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wang Out: Penis in Nakayoshi World

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Yep, have read the same. I guess it's potentially more of an issue in Judaism, where views on Jesus tend to often be less than favourable. But again, I don't see why someone wishing you well on the day of a religious event you don't personally observe should offend regardless of religion, particularly when said event isn't even an exclusively religious one anymore. And I think making "merry Christmas" taboo creates tension where there is none, as well as providing fuel for various wacky conspiracy theories about Islamic and / or Judaic conspiracies to undermine and destroy Christianity in the west. I guess maybe I just don't understand as someone whose religious views are best characterised as "indifferent", but while I appreciate efforts to be inclusive and all, it strikes me as one particular political correctness battle that really isn't worth fighting.
    Because people of faith need to feel like they're a persecuted minority. Serious persecution complexes abound since it's always "us" against "the sinners" with them. It also makes them feel superior because of course the fringe group is always an intellectual minority who has everything right. Everyone else is just ignorant of "the word".

Don't bother pointing out the statistics on population and governance by Christians. Most of those are probably not REAL Christians. And that's just atheists trying to downplay how hard it is to be Christian in our gay-loving abortion-having pro-women society where no one is forced to do anything but get along with their neighbor.

The phrase "happy holidays" goes back numerous decades and I'm sure you can find more than one Christmas classic that uses it. Hell most Christmas songs barely mention Christianity and if they do its some tangental Santa Claus thing. Which I don't even consider a Christian symbol by this point anyway. But making people feel like Christmas is being desecrated every time someone uses that phrase is big business. Millions have been made off feel good "keep god in christmas" initiatives.

Much can be said of moneylenders in temples.

Christmas is one of the few areas where they can dog whistle shit without seeming like a bunch of backwoods bigots. So naturally it gets moved to the forefront.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think the way that 64 was savaged by a few classmates back in high school was almost solely responsible for me passing on subsequent 3-D installments. Which is weird given that in hindsight, it's not even like 64's critical reception was shockingly bad. I guess in the days before the internet allowed access to dozens of online reviews of a given title, the opinions of random people in your class meant a lot more. :'D
    64 is pretty bad. The sequel is alright though. The ps2 games are even semi decent.

I never did play LoS. Tan did recently and really liked it. And gare dug at least one of them. So...not terrible I think.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh and working through Christmas. Maximum grinch engage.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

As someone who would normally defend political correctness as something that generally does more good than harm, I still don't really understand the modern stigma surrounding "Merry Christmas" either. It's not like the 25th was an expressly Christian event to begin with. And even if it somehow were, it's changed so much at this point that it certainly isn't exclusively Christian now, being celebrated by people of all kinds of creeds, races, and nationalities around the world. I'd wager that an enormous chunk of the people saying "Merry Christmas" these days aren't making any reference to the alleged birth of Christ, and a not at all insignificant percentage of them probably aren't even Christian, so I don't really think the phrase should be considered to be inherently secular at this point.

Besides which, like... is it really so bad to be offered good wishes by another person for a coming calendar event, simply because you don't observe it yourself? My circle of friends is quite international, so my Facebook timeline is full of well wishes for events like Ramadan and Diwali at their respective times of year too, and I can't say it ever bothers me simply because I'm not Muslim or Hindu. Rather, I'm happy to see my friends of those religions happy, and happy for their good wishes, whatever they might be in relation to. There's nothing wrong with "happy holidays", and it makes sense from the perspective of a business producing greeting cards and suchlike. But on an individual level, it always seemed to me like such a weird and unnecessary thing to draw lines in the sand over.
    The term "Happy Holidays" doesn't bother me, it's the fact that political correctness do-gooders force it down your throat. You can't mention Christmas, you'll offend "insert ethnic minority here". Who are these people who decide what is and isn't offensive? All the non Christians I've ever spoken to couldn't care less about the term "Happy Christmas", in fact more often than not, non Christians are usually the ones that offer Christmas greetings more readily than so called Christians.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Because people of faith need to feel like they're a persecuted minority. Serious persecution complexes abound since it's always "us" against "the sinners" with them. It also makes them feel superior because of course the fringe group is always an intellectual minority who has everything right. Everyone else is just ignorant of "the word".
    Wow, way to generalize, Ray. Nothing of what you said there really defines me as someone who has religious inquietudes

Thanks
    EP Points

Everyone knows god is a little Imp at the center of the earth pedalling a magical unicycle which spins the earth

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Dragon Sword 64 Prototype

If you've been a part of the Nintendo 64 scene for a while then I'm sure you've heard of Dragon Sword 64 at one point or another. It was a very promising Hack 'n' Slash game developed by Interactive Studios and to be published by MGM Interactive. Interactive Studios was involved in at least 3 Nintendo 64 projects and yet only one game, Glover, actually saw a release. The game was completely finished and should've saw a release in Fall of 1999, but it was cancelled by MGM who didn't think the game would be profitable.

All went quiet about this game until April of 2010 when an unfinished PAL version hit the internet. There's no real interesting story behind it, it was dumped anonymously and came with a really nice readme. Over 6 and a half years later we have another piece of the Dragon Sword puzzle. Thanks to my good friend Rama, Micro-64 is proud to present a new ROM release: The Dragon Sword NTSC Beta Version!

http://micro-64.com/features/dragonswordproto.shtml

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Dragon Sword 64 Prototype

If you've been a part of the Nintendo 64 scene for a while then I'm sure you've heard of Dragon Sword 64 at one point or another. It was a very promising Hack 'n' Slash game developed by Interactive Studios and to be published by MGM Interactive. Interactive Studios was involved in at least 3 Nintendo 64 projects and yet only one game, Glover, actually saw a release. The game was completely finished and should've saw a release in Fall of 1999, but it was cancelled by MGM who didn't think the game would be profitable.

All went quiet about this game until April of 2010 when an unfinished PAL version hit the internet. There's no real interesting story behind it, it was dumped anonymously and came with a really nice readme. Over 6 and a half years later we have another piece of the Dragon Sword puzzle. Thanks to my good friend Rama, Micro-64 is proud to present a new ROM release: The Dragon Sword NTSC Beta Version!

http://micro-64.com/features/dragonswordproto.shtml
    Bloody hell thats awesome.

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

2016 strikes again...

RIP George Michael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862

Not sure if it's true, some sites are calling hoax, but all the major news sites are reporting his death.

Edit: The site calling hoax has just confirmed it's true.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 25th-December-2016 at 23:38.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    2016 strikes again...

RIP George Michael

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38432862

Not sure if it's true, some sites are calling hoax, but all the major news sites are reporting his death.
    Yeah I just read that. I'm dreading the last few days of the year

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Wow, way to generalize, Ray. Nothing of what you said there really defines me as someone who has religious inquietudes
    Don't come in here with your hundred dollar words you filthy overwatch playing degenerate.

(Present company presumably excluded. Just love how all the crazy comes out this time of year from the familial god brigade)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Don't come in here with your hundred dollar words you filthy overwatch playing degenerate.

(Present company presumably excluded. Just love how all the crazy comes out this time of year from the familial god brigade)
    Good job on the use of that word.

Thanks
    EP Points

Elin recommend me some Japanese films that came out this year.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Elin recommend me some Japanese films that came out this year.
    Watashi Otousan no Baishunpu