Page 128 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2878118123124125126127128129130131132133138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4012

Thread: The Wang Out: Penis in Nakayoshi World

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Also there's a real funky dead smell coming from somewhere in my apartment. Hope it's not a dead little mouse somewhere. I don't tolerate infestation but hey it's smack dab in the center of the city so I guess shit happens.

Goes hunting with a dustpan and broom.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I can deal with mediocre if the writing and fan service is there.

Haha, yeah, rewatching it recently, I liked how much it went in for the horror stuff despite being totally tongue in cheek the whole way through. And weirdly it was Mr. Stay Puft, easily the least spooky thing in the whole movie, that gave me nightmares as a little kid. I have no idea how I managed to blank out all of the much more horror-y stuff and focus on the giant marshmallow man as the movie's sole object of terror, but hey, kids are scared of some weird shit sometimes. :'D
    Have you seen the new one?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Wish I had a proton pack

Thanks
    EP Points

Someone is online with the username of Myrddraal!!! Fuck yeah!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quadrapost!

Back to ze games!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I ended up not finishing Trails in the Sky probably because I hate the PSP deep down. Anyway I'm enjoying Cold Steel. Typical anime game tropes all over the place of course.
    I wouldn't say that I hate the PSP, but it's one of a few consoles that I bought and almost never actually used despite the fact that it actually has a pretty cool library. I think the only game I actually wound up playing to completion was Ys Seven. Played parts of a handful of others, and probably would have finished Zero and Ao if not for my data getting corrupted, but in total I've probably spent more time using it to play GBA and PS1 titles than PSP ones.

Will definitely have to play sometime! Sora was full of anime tropes on the surface too, but shaped them into something that felt cool and distinctive, so if it's anything like that I'm game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have a love/hate relationship with the PSP. It's probably one of the consoles I've beaten the least amount of games for though. Basically some Ys games and a few others. I would have beat Star Ocean but my game got ROFLD.

Anyway yeah you will probably like it. Same world as Trails in the Sky/Azure etc... Which tempts me to try Trails in the Sky again but it'd need to be a pretty damn gassy sale on Gog for me to buy. And yeah I won't just pirate it I don't know what has happened to me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Have you seen the new one?
    I did! Watched it with my girlfriend over the Christmas period. And we both laughed at how much the internet had worked itself into a frenzy over a movie that was really... er... just sort of okay. :'D Like it wasn't even close to being the worst movie ever or even the worst remake ever (have we really forgotten about Nicholas Cage and OH GOD THE BEES!?), as a certain subset of people online seemed determined to make it even before it was released. But at the same time, it wasn't this incredible vehicle of feminist empowerment that would echo throughout the ages for generations to come either, as a lot of people on the other side seemed convinced it would be. It was just another pretty average, vaguely entertaining, and ultimately kind of forgettable reimagining of a classic franchise. Which was... pretty much what I guessed it would be looking at the trailers anyway. :'D Kind of begs the question of how it became the subject of such an enormous and protracted war online. But hey, when did the internet ever blow anything out of proportion, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

And yeah I won't just pirate it I don't know what has happened to me.
    Hey, if there's an easy and convenient way to get a copy while also putting a little money into the developer's pocket... I have no qualms about pirating older stuff that you can only get through eBay and suchlike, because even if I could buy it, it's not like the developer would actually see any of that money. But when the developer makes it available for legitimate download through a channel where they receive revenue, why not?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eLKaHFdS9o

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hey, if there's an easy and convenient way to get a copy while also putting a little money into the developer's pocket... I have no qualms about pirating older stuff that you can only get through eBay and suchlike, because even if I could buy it, it's not like the developer would actually see any of that money. But when the developer makes it available for legitimate download through a channel where they receive revenue, why not?
    Pretty much. $20 is too much for me though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A good amount of the voice work in the (admittedly relatively small) amount of modern anime I've watched has kind of gotten on my nerves, but I think that has a lot more to do with the kind of character tropes and plot beats that are widely popular nowadays than the performances themselves. I think modern Japanese voice work in shows with a little more substance tends to still be of a pretty high quality, and given that you're quite often looking at a number of the same actors as in the more vapid moe stuff that tends to rub me up the wrong way, I'd be more inclined to blame a decline in writing and directing over a decline in actual acting talent. There are exceptions, of course, and there have been cases where I've felt an individual performance was really bad, rather than the character themselves. But from my point of view, the issue is mostly just that it's very hard for even talented actors to sell some of this stuff.
    Fair points. I've tried to give random moe blobs a shot but I can never make it more than a minute or two in .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have a love/hate relationship with the PSP. It's probably one of the consoles I've beaten the least amount of games for though. Basically some Ys games and a few others. I would have beat Star Ocean but my game got ROFLD.

Anyway yeah you will probably like it. Same world as Trails in the Sky/Azure etc... Which tempts me to try Trails in the Sky again but it'd need to be a pretty damn gassy sale on Gog for me to buy. And yeah I won't just pirate it I don't know what has happened to me.
    Ohhhh you . XSeed almost never runs even passable sales (by GOG/Steam standards).