Page 127 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4012

Thread: The Wang Out: Penis in Nakayoshi World

Thanks
    EP Points

Trying out Ghostbusters on pc. Beat it on psp ages ago.

Something about shooting that proton beam..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There was a lot of crap in the past too. I'm choosy with what I watch and only watching dubs cuts my choices even further, doesn't feel like much of a decline.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've been in a bit of a void for live action lately.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred View Post
    What do you think of modern Japanese voice work? I don't know enough about the language to make informed comments but, I feel like there was a pretty stark decline in general VO quality for anime past the early 2000s.
    A good amount of the voice work in the (admittedly relatively small) amount of modern anime I've watched has kind of gotten on my nerves, but I think that has a lot more to do with the kind of character tropes and plot beats that are widely popular nowadays than the performances themselves. I think modern Japanese voice work in shows with a little more substance tends to still be of a pretty high quality, and given that you're quite often looking at a number of the same actors as in the more vapid moe stuff that tends to rub me up the wrong way, I'd be more inclined to blame a decline in writing and directing over a decline in actual acting talent. There are exceptions, of course, and there have been cases where I've felt an individual performance was really bad, rather than the character themselves. But from my point of view, the issue is mostly just that it's very hard for even talented actors to sell some of this stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mr. Stay Pufffffft!!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Great show. Yeah some kids here had broomsticks painted black with gold ends
    Have you seen all the episodes that were left out of the English series but finally got dubbed by the original actors back in 2004? There has been a proper complete DVD set out for some time now.
    Oh, no, I've never seen! That's really cool. I didn't realise that it still had such a big following. Might have to dig some of it out for nostalgia's sake now. :'D

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Trying out Ghostbusters on pc. Beat it on psp ages ago.

Something about shooting that proton beam..
    A friend brought round the PS3 one the other day after he realised I was a fan and we got into a big discussion about the movies. Haven't played enough yet to know how it holds up as a game throughout its course, but the level of detail and faithfulness to the spirit of the movies is super-impressive. Really does feel almost like a third movie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Actually, I kinda like the whole WA series. 2 is somewhat marred by one of the worst RPG localisations of its generation (seriously, some of it is barely even readable), and 4, XF, and 5 (particularly the former two) lean a wee bit too heavily on the generic anime tropes for my tastes, but they're all lots of fun just the same, and I thought it was a pretty consistent series all things considered. Would like to see it come back in some form.
    Spot on.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So uggggggggggh I'll be damned if the ending sequence for the school house in Cold Steel didn't take forever and a day, then I find out the game isn't even over yet. 65 hours in and it's not like I've been screwing around. So much dialogue.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    So uggggggggggh I'll be damned if the ending sequence for the school house in Cold Steel didn't take forever and a day, then I find out the game isn't even over yet. 65 hours in and it's not like I've been screwing around. So much dialogue.
    Hahaha, that's pretty much par the course for Trails. How is the game? I played and absolutely loved the Sora no Kiseki trilogy, and I got about halfway through Zero (which I also really enjoyed), but my data got corrupted after a custom firmware update, and I'm yet to really get back to the series in a big way. Definitely someday, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    A friend brought round the PS3 one the other day after he realised I was a fan and we got into a big discussion about the movies. Haven't played enough yet to know how it holds up as a game throughout its course, but the level of detail and faithfulness to the spirit of the movies is super-impressive. Really does feel almost like a third movie.
    As a game objectively I would have to say it's steeped in mediocrity. Having them do the voices and being a fan though bumps it up a bit.

The first movie scared the shit out of me back when I was 6 or 7

Those damn dog things and Sigourney on the chair with that funky surealistic 80's electronica going on really was creepy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I ended up not finishing Trails in the Sky probably because I hate the PSP deep down. Anyway I'm enjoying Cold Steel. Typical anime game tropes all over the place of course.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Spot on.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also there's a real funky dead smell coming from somewhere in my apartment. Hope it's not a dead little mouse somewhere. I don't tolerate infestation but hey it's smack dab in the center of the city so I guess shit happens.

Goes hunting with a dustpan and broom.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    As a game objectively I would have to say it's steeped in mediocrity. Having them do the voices and being a fan though bumps it up a bit.

The first movie scared the shit out of me back when I was 6 or 7

Those damn dog things and Sigourney on the chair with that funky surealistic 80's electronica going on really was creepy.
    I can deal with mediocre if the writing and fan service is there.

Haha, yeah, rewatching it recently, I liked how much it went in for the horror stuff despite being totally tongue in cheek the whole way through. And weirdly it was Mr. Stay Puft, easily the least spooky thing in the whole movie, that gave me nightmares as a little kid. I have no idea how I managed to blank out all of the much more horror-y stuff and focus on the giant marshmallow man as the movie's sole object of terror, but hey, kids are scared of some weird shit sometimes. :'D