Thread: Wii Just Dance 2 after USB Loader GX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Wii Just Dance 2 after USB Loader GX

I have a black Wii with 4 ports for gamecube controllers, 2 gamecube memory cards, and 2 USB slots. I got USB loader GX with games working, and now when GF puts in Just Dance 2 the system says it needs an update. Will this update bork the Wii? If so, what's the solution?

Also can't get the Gamecube games on the USB drive to work. I have the USB drive formatted to 32Mb. Not sure what I did wrong but it's possible Dios Mios didn't get installed.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Good Swimmer View Post
    ...GF puts in Just Dance 2 the system says it needs an update. *snip*
    ^^ there's your combo right there, JD & GF + tech, a stupid idea.
    anyway,, as for the question, no, it won't fuck your console, assuming by op the update req is when the game disk is loaded?
    if so, it's just a game update specific.
    still, play it safe and knock off the online functions of the games, give the console another set of dns gateway settings, something that looks outside nintendo to the real world.
    usbloaderGX.
    that's a multiple stage item, first off it's for wii games, then it uses apps internally, nintendon't, devolution and dios. (mios)
    you must have had one or three of those sub-apps. (that are standalone, GX can use them in tandem)
    look at GX settings, you will have to direct the frontend toward the ngc loaders, and other stuff related.
    good luck, and ignore at your leisure, i expect nothing here.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm not very familiar with softmod stuff, but is it possible to dump the game?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

^^
    yes, look up 'cleanrip 2.0.0 by emu_kidid' on the web, not attaching it here.
    it's an app that uses the wii disk drive to dump the games clean 1/1 retail.
    the usb loaders strip the update away.
    yes, it can be done easy.
    [edit]
    both ngc and wii retails.
    [again]
    if the dump downloaded is a-1 the same by hash, all is well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amiga1200 View Post
    assuming by op the update req is when the game disk is loaded?
    if so, it's just a game update specific.
    Correct. The Wii disc channel icon is where the message is displayed first. Message is "Wii System Update".

As for dumping it, my 32GB USB drive is quite full. Not sure if another game would fit.

Correction: I have USB Loader GX on the Wii but it is not the main program I use for games on USB. Main program is Configurable USB Loader, in which my GC games are not displayed.
    I can find the GC games in the USBLoaderGX but they don't run. I get a black screen when I try to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by amiga1200 View Post
    play it safe and knock off the online functions of the games, give the console another set of dns gateway settings, something that looks outside nintendo to the real world.
    Haven't found where to change these settings in my softmod apps. Is this in the Wii system menus?
    Last edited by skullpoker; 11th-December-2016 at 03:03.

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ you may have to hunt down the cIOS stub, or GX may do it for you?
    try scrubbing all custom settings back to factory defaults, or a clean install.
    and back on the disk, i overlooked some of those shits have sneaky da$hboard updates (faschbaord) but the game can be loaded still by denying the req.
    also, uslbloaders of most kinds can boot a retail disk as if it was the legit wii frontend anyway.
    again, refer to the GX settings, and have it bypass any updates from the disk and/or installed game.
    you will know if it's a da$h update req, nuke it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Good Swimmer View Post
    As for dumping it, my 32GB USB drive is quite full. Not sure if another game would fit.
    Is this thread serious?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

BLAMP!
    yes!
    from the wii frontend:
    wii options > wii settings > (move one page >) > internet > connection settings > (choose connection save socket/1-of-3) > (choose wired or wifi network) > manual setup > (move two pages >) auto obtain dns NO/advanced settings >
    enter dns gateway values now.
    don't forget to backtrack in that connection setup to be sure other details are filled in.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Blarg.

Very simple: Open USB Loader GX, on the top Nav bar the icon on the far right is a disc, and the game will launch without updates from there.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Is this thread serious?
    Yeah, man. I haven't played around with it much since I don't want to brick the Wii, so I have not experimented with ripping games or a lot of the other options. And I really don't want to move around a bunch of games until I get tired of what I have.

This is mainly so the GF and her daughter can play Just Dance 2. Short of beating the kid into a coma, this is a decent option to get her to focus on something for more than 20 seconds and consequently shut her noise-hole.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 11th-December-2016 at 03:21.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

USB Loader GX can rip directly to your USB Device from the disc drive. though 32 GB is rathe r small and guessing it is Flash Memory, that has a lower compat than a HDD, though if I remember it is fixable

GameCube games do require a GC engine but Dios Mios is out of date now, you really want Nintendont instead

Once you do you do need to setup USB Loader to use the correct path and setting to be able to use Nintendont correctly

Not sure iff it is still a requirement but USB used to need to be formatted as Fat32 with 32 clusters

P.S. Just Dance Games are fun

P.P.S. you may want to update the USB Loader to the latest build (ignoring the stable releases so look at beta builds or nightly releases whatever they called it for USB Loader GX)

Playing online is perfectly safe by the way

EDIT:- I use USB Loader GX for everything and all from USB, but I use a 2TB USB drive with it so have plenty of space

From USB I play
    Wii
    GC
    The few arcade games based on GC hardware (I forget what it's called)
    WiiWare (Including Virtual Console)
    Emulators (There are plenty of them)
    Other Homebrew, including ports ect
    Save games are also stored on USB

The Wii Nand is too small for what I have on there even just for the saves, even GC games can use a virtual memcard, though not sure that works with every game

I don't even use the SD card slot, only used it to first install the exploit as everything including the USB loader can run from USB, providing you use a Forwarder

My Wii Nand only has two items asides from the default ones, being the USB Loader forwarder (It's a generic one that works with any USB Loader providing you use the paths it outlines) and I have the Homebrew Channel and a bunch of old saves
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-December-2016 at 17:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: