Thread: HELP!!! I'm confused with this 2 Disc Game

Thanks

Question HELP!!! I'm confused with this 2 Disc Game

Recently, I tried to download Onimusha Dawn of Dreams iso through emuparadise...
    After downloading the 2x3.2 GB file and extracting it, this is all I get (don't mind the "(1)" in the file name, I tried extracting without renaming, and got the same result.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	50544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	50543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	50542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	50541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	50545
    Did I do something wrong, or did I miss anything?
    Or is there a way to convert them into an Iso file?
    *Thanks*
    Last edited by Dragnalio; 8th-December-2016 at 14:52. Reason: Fixed image

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

for a start, your os is locked, i can't tell if the two upper items in the second images are archives, or iso's?
    can't see any file suffix there, it does appear to be associated with winrar. (i hate file assoc)
    okay, in the first image, the (1) is a duplicate file.
    either it was downloaded twice, or the dl'd archive was expanded twice, and didn't overwrite the last attempt, but renamed the dupe instead.
    i'm not sure you're doing anything wrong, if the two item in the second image are iso's (associated to winrar as iso is an archive container) and NOT compressed archive.
    if they are archives still, using rar/7z, target the file expansion to another directory, to avoid any possible overwrites and/or dupes, you'll be able to track filenames as well.
    all the best, others may chip-in soon.
    [edit]
    keys.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amiga1200 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amiga1200 View Post
    for a start, your os is locked, i can't tell if the two upper items in the second images are archives, or iso's?
    can't see any file suffix there, it does appear to be associated with winrar. (i hate file assoc)
    okay, in the first image, the (1) is a duplicate file.
    either it was downloaded twice, or the dl'd archive was expanded twice, and didn't overwrite the last attempt, but renamed the dupe instead.
    i'm not sure you're doing anything wrong, if the two item in the second image are iso's (associated to winrar as iso is an archive container) and NOT compressed archive.
    if they are archives still, using rar/7z, target the file expansion to another directory, to avoid any possible overwrites and/or dupes, you'll be able to track filenames as well.
    all the best, others may chip-in soon.
    [edit]
    keys.
    1. Archives, I think...
    2. Fixed it...
    3. They appear to be, but they are from 2 different RAR files. (And yes, I choosed rename instead of overwrite because I tried overwriting and it didn't work either)
    4. And those image.afs files show RAR icon because I tried to (Right Click > Open With 'WinRAR')

Thanks for the quick response though, hope the additional infos would help...

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by amiga1200 View Post
    for a start
    For a start, ignore every word from that post

Now then. You already stated that you downloaded 2 3.2GB files and extracted them, subsequent confusion ensued.

In your first picture you have 2 4.5GB iso's, with possibly missassociated WinRar file extensions, which you proceeded to extract from a make a mess.
    1) Keep those 2 Winrar looking iso's and delete the mess.
    2) Then fix the possible association problem. Open WinRar>Options>Settings>Integration, then untick any options other than RAR and maybe ZIP.
    3) Just to be sure those are iso files, make sure you have Windows set to show known file extensions, so you don't hit these moments of confusion:
    http://www.howtohaven.com/system/sho...explorer.shtml

Now that your PC issues are cleared up, it should be clear that you have your 2 iso's in hand and need no further work.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 8th-December-2016 at 16:12.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As above you already have two iso files

If you are curious the other files are the contents of the iso's and have no use outside of the iso's
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2016 at 17:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ooooohhh... Thanks, I get it now, those ARE the ISO files () (Finally realized this after extracting from my laptop)
    But why did the WinRAR get it confused as an archive?
    *opens the disc1.iso with PCSX2*
    now I get libdma: sync timeout in the 'log' window in the PCSX2 (T-T)

*edit* ticked autofix and the game starts normally (with few graphical issues)
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Last edited by Dragnalio; 9th-December-2016 at 06:13.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnalio View Post
    But why did the WinRAR get it confused as an archive?
    Because Winrar's default settings are well over a decade old. I'm sure back when they figured out they could do it, it was a useful feature, there weren't many programs aside from paid CD burning software that even handled iso files back then. Nowadays we have millions of useful programs that use iso's, and Winrar's poor iso handling is just in the way
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

@ op.
    if you install a new tool or utility, or redo the config, go through it all.
    totally dissociate all file suffix from the app list, the archiver in this case.
    granted, removes the convenience of double-click for any previous file associations, but it's a lifesaver when two or more programs conflict with each other.
    vlc is one example.
    had to go through it all, so half it's association manifest didn't conflict with a handful of default file associations elsewhere, namely the os itself.
    in any event, appears that it's fixed.
    have fun.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to amiga1200 For This Useful Post: