Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your best gaming moment

Thanks
    EP Points

Post Your best gaming moment

Some of the best gaming moments for me have been when I've been playing co-op with a friend. In today's age of online connectivity getting into the same room to co-op is something I'd definitely like to do more of.

One of my favourite memories are just playing TMNT 2 Manhattan Project on the NES with a friend. I used to love the cartoon and when the game came out that was just pure heaven! We used to play for hours getting through the levels and although this was a relatively easy game for its time it's still pretty hard by today's standards.

Another later memory involves me beating the shit out of my buddy in Soul Calibur. We went like 50 rounds with each other and he lost all of them. He actually started crying with frustration! We still reminisce about those days and laugh about them. Good times.

There have been other triumphant moments of course like finally finishing Super Mario Bros. or getting to the ends of the brutal Gradius games.

So what are some of your favourite gaming moments?

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

back in the day, when z-out a retail smash, took three weeks of solid playing (with brief respite for recoveries) to master it.
    a week after that, did it on one ship.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. the most recent one, was completing uridium 2, with yet just a single ship.
    can't express the level of accomplishment i got from that...
    among many other things.
    goes to show, some of the finest moments are best enjoyed alone, away from the average, away from those who have no stake in the hobby...
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. LAND NOW! (neck snapped! )
    seems to be the older stuff that gets me off

Thanks
    EP Points

There was this tv show back in the early-mid nineties filmed in Toronto on YTV called video and arcade top 10. They would have gaming news and stuff plus a little contest between 3 people with prizes and stuff.

Welp I was on the show when I was around 15 and we played Star Trek on the original nes (even though the snes had been around for awhile already) and I won!!! Made it the furthest in the game. Won me a copy of TMNT 2 The arcade game for the nes and a bunch of other goodies like a Vanilla Ice beat box voice changer thingy (lol) a board game and some gift cards etc..

Good times!!! There's a couple other moments but have to go to work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Getting the "Seriously..." achievement in Gears of War (360) back in 2011. Played that game solidly for months to get that, 10,000 kills in ranked match. No boosting, just pure beasting.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    There was this tv show back in the early-mid nineties filmed in Toronto on YTV called video and arcade top 10. They would have gaming news and stuff plus a little contest between 3 people with prizes and stuff.

Welp I was on the show when I was around 15 and we played Star Trek on the original nes (even though the snes had been around for awhile already) and I won!!! Made it the furthest in the game. Won me a copy of TMNT 2 The arcade game for the nes and a bunch of other goodies like a Vanilla Ice beat box voice changer thingy (lol) a board game and some gift cards etc..

Good times!!! There's a couple other moments but have to go to work.
    I must find this footage.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I must find this footage.

I should have picked something else

Edit: If you do, retro only please!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Nothing can beat the classics. Best gaming moment ever

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

There was this tv show back in the early-mid nineties filmed in Toronto on YTV called video and arcade top 10.
    Dude, that show was awesome. Even in hindsight, I remember stuff in there where they were clearly playing prototype carts.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Edit: If you do, retro only please!!!
    That goes without saying. your dirt is more damning than my dirt.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

World of Warcraft! said nobody, ever.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Getting my first console, Xbox 360. I think it was end of winter or early spring 2012? The beginning of my downward spiral of out-of-control spending.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finally completing several of the 8 bit classics obviously back in the day and before save states became a thing, all we had back in the day was mags with cheats and maybe a rapid fire attachment or pad

Outrun all ending, R-Type and Golden Axe Warrior (<- It's a Zelda like game) on the good olde Mastersystem
    Super Mario Bro. 1 (Playing all the levels without shortcuts) SMB 2 & 3 I also enjoyed blasting through to the end & Batman for the NES

Daley Thompson Super Test, completed without the ZX Spectrum over heating and without the keys breaking was always a great achievement (almost as much of a one for the games to load in the first place sometimes [From tape I'm talking about]) also loved seeing the Dizzy games to the end also Batman and Head over Heals are worth a mention though reasonably sure I never did complete though on the Spectrum I am sure I done both via emulation at a much much later date (Not sure for Batman I think I came very close with that on the actual ZX but not complete), there are some games from this system that I still want to fully play through as I never got the chance when I was a kid.

I couldn't give a best moment for myself but those are some that I remember fondly and are some of my favs
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-November-2016 at 09:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

There's been a lot of good gaming moments. Its hard to remember them all. Beating various games and getting those hard to get trophies and achievements. One I can remember pretty well and one that is pretty funny, is my friend and I were playing GTA 3. I was causing chaos trying to get six stars or something like that. So a swat van was after me, I was gonna trick it to have it fall into the water. So I parked the car I was driving close to the water, but not super close. I figured I was gonna hit by the swat van, but nope, the swat van sped right past me and went straight into the water. It was pretty funny.

Thanks

My best gaming moment was when we and most of my friends in school played World of Warcraft. I remember coming home just to enter the game and always all of them where there. We started raiding and even make some friends from other parts of our country. We played so much wow that we make a rule in the school that we were NOT going to talk about wow in there, cause every conversation that we were having was about wow. Good old days, missed them. We still play in summer when some of them are on vacations of university, other of us are already working.

In terms of consoles, i always remember when my cousin finaly defeated Raiden in mortal kombat (Raiden was the first one on the run haha).

Thanks

Playing DK Country for SNES as a kid and beating the first mine-cart level.