Thread: Galaga MAME - I need Help!

Thanks

Default Galaga MAME - I need Help!

This MAME is driving me crazy. I am fairly new to this but have been reading a lot about how you need certain files (parent files, etc). I have several MAME games (Pac Man, Donkey Kong, etc) and they play great on my MAME Wii emulator.

I have Galaga and Star Wars which always tells me I need more files. For Galaga, I have tried Set 2 and Set 3 which they say they need the parent file "Galaga Namco Rev B" which I have as well. I have tried the parent file alone and then the different Sets and none of them will play. So then I read that I might need all the Namco zip files...so So I grabbed all of those. Still did not work. Then I went and downloaded the BIOS 0.133 pack and put all those zip files in my ROMS folder. Still no luck

At this point I don't know what else to do. Any clues from anyone? I get the same message from the Star Wars game as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

i'll try based on pov, shoe on the other foot. (i don't emulate, too much headmess.)

okay, does the wii mame gui have the option to generate a clrmamepro dat file?
    if so, have the emu create one, and either manually open it via text editor and search for the relevant entries, or a data checker, such as dat-o-matic or clrmamepro.
    it's the rom checksum number stings you're looking for, and their subsequent filenames.
    it's a case of play, seek em out and match them up to fit the wii mame emulator.
    otherwise, others may assist, hold onto your hat.
    or alternatively, ask at the forum of source for the wii mame emulator.
    (have a read of any enclosed user documentation too.)
    all the best.
    [edit]
    pos keys not recognising.
    [edit again]
    you may need to hunt for the roms and rebuild them manually.
    fun eh?
    check compatibility docs too.
    Last edited by amiga1200; 2nd-December-2016 at 01:16.