Thread: Broken ROM - Professor Layton Last Specter

Thanks

Default Broken ROM - Professor Layton Last Specter

I want to report a defective ROM. I downloaded the US version of Professor Layton Last Specter for NDS without a problem. However, playing it was. I was presented with the first puzzle, and it wouldn't accept my answer. I double checked online to make sure my answer was correct, which it was. Then I tried to submit an incorrect answer, and it did the exact same thing. What happened was I tapped the Submit Answer button, and it reset the puzzle. But it did remember what answer I put in before hitting Submit, as what I put in stayed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Are you sure this isn't an emulation issue?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I'm pretty sure, yes. My emulator has never failed me before, so I don't think that's it. But I can test another emulator and see if it persists.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

What I mean is have you tried it on a real console.
    Anyway if you want to know if the rom is good or bad there are ways to check that. You need to compare the md5 with a verified good dump (no-intro).

Personally I would just test via real ds but I'm lazy

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I don't have a card. But I am currently testing to see if it's the ROM or the emulator. If it works elsewhere, it's the emulator, if it happens again, it's the ROM.

I feel it important to mention the emulator I'm using. I'm running DraStic, which is explicitly for Android, and possibly only Google Play. And I have the full version, which is $5.99.

Just tested it on a different emulator, and it worked fine. I was able to solve the first puzzle. So it's not the ROM, it's DraStic. Which confuses me, as DraStic has never done this to me before. DraStic at least has a forum, so I'll post the issue there.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 13th-November-2016 at 23:09. Reason: merged posts