Thread: Error (PSX bin files associated to SNES emulator)

Thanks

Default Error (PSX bin files associated to SNES emulator)

Hello everybody. I am quite new in the world of emulation. I recently downloaded ePSXe to play some PlayStation games. I also downloaded SNES9x, to play Street Fighter. Now, all my .bin files now say that they are "SNES9x Rom" in the "Type" section on the explorer. The emulator does not let me run the bios, so I can't use it. Does soebody know how to fix it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Here's info on how to remove a file association if you are using Windows 7. If not, search for remove file association and include your OS name and version number.

As for getting BIOS to work, the current file association should not matter as long as the BIOS is in the correct sub-folder of the ePSXe folder. The folder should be named "bios". You will also need plugins for each category which should be placed in the "plugins" folder, and if you plan to play a lot of PS games you will need a lot of them. Many games don't run properly, or at all, without the right plugins and configurations. You can find working configurations at PSXDATACENTER.COM

When BIOS is running correctly, it should look like a Playstation with no disc in, and should put you in the MEMORY CARD/CD PLAYER menu screen.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.