Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thought of a great one

Joining this lame forum to leech a game, only to find it was not lame at all but a great place and never looked back since

If anyone is curious I was replacing a broken disc of a game called Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the PSX, it was a forum post from way back in 2002, at the time my method of playing was a chipped PSone

Still a great game as well, although I prefer the PSP version included with Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, not that there are vast changes or anything like that.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The day father taught me how to play Ace Combat 2. I was flying directly towards the enemy plane and as he was to crash into me (still don't know can it happen in AC2), I jumped to the side from a chair I was sitting on and playing.

Thanks

I can't choose only one, but one of the best without any doubt it's the first time I saw Sonic being converted to SuperSonic like Goku.

Thanks
    EP Points

Really hard question for me, but I think I would pick the moment(s) of playing Tekken series with my best friend. We played every release of Tekken, from 1 to Tag Tournament 2, but we spent most time playing 3 and 5. We didn't care much about the story, so we spent most times on vs. and team battles. We also had staple characters that we used every time in every release. And every time one of us would lost the round, he would be so frustrated and angry, because we couldn't accept that anyone could be better at this game. The pleasure of winning the round and mocking your friend after it was the best thing of this game. And this rivalry thing that we had spanned for years, and this is what made that whole experience so good and excited. I still think that I'm better at Tekken than my friend, but he will say exactly the opposite thing.

We don't play Tekken anymore, because we don't have time, but if I would ask for anything, that would be playing Tekken with my friend. I really miss those good times..

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

nope!
    can't touch it.
    it was the 90's i got my fix, saw the best days of game completing life.
    gone downhill after the zenith.
    ...just a massive distraction since.
    uridium 2 and z-out for life.

Thanks

my favorite gaming moment is...well i'm not sure maybe just playing the NES with my old for the 1st time

Thanks
    EP Points

Its a hard choice between two memories...
    my best gaming moment was when I beat Sonic the hedgehog 2 on gensis.
    I played 3 hours everyday for almost a month from the start to the final boss.
    And the feeling I had when I did beat it isn't describable. I was a kid so that meant a lot to me.
    The other candidate was when I completed the riding part in battle toads for the first time. It felt amazing too.
    Today's games can't give you anything close to the sense of achievement you got from the old ones.
    Really missing those days :'(

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Several hacks spring to mind that I shared openly, some got spread rather wildly others not so much

To name a few of them

Resident Evil Directors Cut [PSX] (Inserted uncut FMV) [Not easy to do]
    Monopoly [PSX] (Made it Emuparadise themed ) [I had a lot of fun with that one]
    Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 [Xbox] (Made several Online quests available for offline mode)
    Grand Theft Auto San Andreas [Xbox] (enabled the Hot Coffee mini game without the invisible box trap)
    Typing of the Dead [Dreamcast] (This was a USA & Japan only release, I hacked it so a UK keyboard could be used)
    A bunch of Xbox game fixes for HDD users and Component cable users (Mostly original hacks by me but a few I got from others that I collected)
    A bunch of PS2 DVD9 to DVD5 rip kits some original by me & some I just made more automated from other kits or guides
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-November-2016 at 16:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

As sad as I myself was as a kid I sucked at video games for the longest time to the point of using cheat devices starting with Game Genie on the NES, then the Gameshark on the N64 and PS1.
    My honest finest gaming moment to me was when I finally went through beginning to end with hours upon hours of grinding before hand was when I took a chance of beating Final Fantasy VII PS1 classic on the PS3, when I seen safer Sephoroth go down I almost jumped up and down as I beat it beginning to end without a cheat device, first game ever as well without a cheat device. That was back in 2009

Thanks

Playing Mario Party with a friend against the CPU, the RNGod was totally against us in the whole game, it was the worst best momment i ever had.

Thanks

Finally beating Skyward Sword

Or when i finally beat that Magma spider in Devil May Cry... probubly should get back into that... nah

Thanks

One day I was playing Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand for the GBA. It is this weird little game made by Konomi and is like a mix of LOZ A Link to the Past and Metal Gear Solid. I say weird because it has a “gimmick”.
    You are Django a vampire hunter that uses a solar gun the “Gun Del Sol”. To charge the gun, effect the environment, and vanquish the bosses you need to use the sun… The REAL-LIFE SUN!!! The GBA cartage has a solar sensor and allows the real-life sun to fill up the solar gage (the character yells Taiyoh and holds up the gun).
    The Bosses come in three phases.
    1) Do damage to the boss using your gun.
    2) Drag the boss out of their lair to a large weapon (called the Pile Driver). The boss will drag his coffin back to his room if you leave him or her.
    3) Sun must be kept consistently on the solar sensor as the immortal tries to shut down the Pile Driver.
    DONE.
    This was the set up…
    So, after finishing all my homework I was ready to play my GBA. I was at a boss (I think the 4th). The boss battle was difficult and mirrors reflected shots into unexpected angles. I was victorious. The way out was perilous with instant death drops and strong winds that threated to drag me down to a long dreadful demise. Still I dragged the boss out of the level. I had started around 5 and the sun was slowly sinking, an uncaring timer overhead. I dragged the boss to the Pile Driver and got to work. At this point I had been playing for a while and did not save once (a foolish mistake). Just as I was fully invested in the fight the trees above blocked the meager sun provide by the setting sun. I was left with only 3 bars of light. Even so, I kept with the fight. It went slow, but I was prevailing. That is when the real world started to work for the enemy. The light on my GBA had without me noticing turned yellow during the day, and now at the crucial moment, it turned a bright bloody red. Still I tried to keep heart. Then… above… the sun betrayed me to. My sun bar suddenly fell to zero. A vampire hunter without the sun. The Pile Driver turned off.
    At this time, the time I put into the game was at risk, and Django was about to fail his hard-fought battle. I paused and sat numb. Hopeless. If the batteries were changed the sun would still be gone. It was not over yet…
    I ran to my back yard… no good the sun was still blocked.
    I looked up… There was hope. There was hope! Up above, the roof of my house had a patch of sun. I ran to the deck and climbed the siding. There the sun, unfettered by the tall trees, shined a feeble light.
    The sun bar read 2. That is when I unpaused. It was a hard battle I was used to the sun being on my side with 6 or even 8 bars of light. Even as I whittled the boss down, the red power light was a reminder that time is fleeting. There I held the sun in my hands. The GBA held up high to catch the last rays of the sun as the boss’s health fell to zero. Together, with Django I yelled TAIYOOOOHHHH!!!!
    To summarize at the time I was an early teen on my roof with my neighbor staring at me as I yelled TAIYOOOOHHHH!!!… It was the best. (Note, I saved successfully).

Thanks

I was playing a Marvel VS Capcom in an arcade and then i was challenged by a unknow guy (i was familiar with most of the players around).
    Back then considered myself a fairly skilled in that game and he kicked my butt easily the first time and two more times after that.
    I had already understood that he was better than me but my pride was hurt and i wasn't going to give up so easily so i decided to do somenthing
    a bit different, i challenged him one last time and i chose Zangief and amazigly final atomic busted him six or eight times. That was enough the tables turned
    and he left with his pride hurt. I felt like a boss!

Thanks

One of my best also dates back to the days of arcade yore - I was ridiculously good at the many variations of Super Street Fighter II; as such I could control a machine sometimes until I simply got tired of playing or had to go to work or whatever...I think my personal best was a little over 2 hours on my initial 2 quarters. This was when people would line up to play a machine mind you, with plenty of trash talk and more than one actual scuffle in the queue.
    My personal favorite moments had to be punishing the plethora of Ryu and Ken endless fireball/Dragon Punchers with Dhalsim and Zangief. Yoga Teleport anyone? This move into Dhalsim's 2-hit headbutt was an instant dizzy - followed up with a 4-6 hit combo and the match was done.
    Also, Zangief had the infuriating (for my opponents at least) ability to grab his adversary into a Spinning Pile Driver right as the announcer said "Fight!". With the handicaps boosted to the max to earn the arcade a very steady flow of $0.50 heartbreaks, this first attack would drain more than 3/4 of the opponent's life bar. One missed Dragon Punch later and it was over. It got to the point that people actually gave up and left me to play through the game because I'd have to give up my spot after Bison fell.
    Online gaming is cool and all, but is no comparison to that competitive energy incited by a packed arcade...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Final bosses of Ninja Gaiden II (the real Ninja Gaiden series, on NES) all 3 without dying. I think I actually jumped off my bunk and yelled about that one.

Water Caverns on Goldeneye: 007, 00 Agent difficulty, without being hit.

Beating my brother and cousin at handicap matches in WWF No Mercy when they had been playing it months before I started.

10+ wins in a row against the guy nobody in the dorms would fight on Tekken 3, after playing Tekken for like a day.

Playing Left 4 Dead on the TurboClassic server while tripping on acid. Delete this line if it breaks any rules, but it was pretty amazing.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.