Thread: Keep Getting Error: Cd Not Usable

Thanks

Default Keep Getting Error: Cd Not Usable

Whenever I try to load a game the emulator says cd not usable. I try to load via the cue file. I've tried 3 games so far and same thing. Here is what a sample of the files in the folder look like:
    Tekken 2 (USA) (v1.0) (Track 1).bin
    Tekken 2 (USA) (v1.0) (Track 2).bin
    Tekken 2 (USA) (v1.0) (Track 3).bin
    Tekken 2 (USA) (v1.0).cue (I've opened up the cue file to make sure it is accurate and it is. I even edited the cue file by placing the file path to each bin file and the emulator would just freeze up. If I open up the bin file itself in the emulator it works fine and then i can't load anymore unless I quit the emulator and open it again. In the log it says:
    cuebin: No .cue file found! Will attempt to guess format assuming single track cuebin: Seems to be MODE2/2352
    I've tried running as compatible with WinXP
    I've tried running as admin too and no change.
    Am I missing something? Did I forget to get some download?

*** UPDATE: I got it to work but it will only work if there is only one bin file. Do I have to combine the bin files somehow or what to do?****

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHz
    Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 650 2gig 60Hz (Had a 970 but it took a sh*t on me.)
    RAM: 12gigs
    Operating system: Windows 7 Pro

BIOS: SCPH1001.bin
    Which emulator you're using: pSX v1.13
    Which plugins you're using: Default (Came with download)
    Have you tried an alternative ISO/ROM of the same game? Yes
    Or have you tried any other emulators? ePSXe Everytime I tried to run it would immediately close.
    Last edited by NocturnalLunacy; 13th-November-2016 at 01:51. Reason: added update

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is a programming error on the authors part, you need to merge the image into a single bin.

You can easily do this with isobuster, load the cue and then recreate the image.

If you want a far better emulator that is like pSXfin use RetroArch with the Mednafen PSX core.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah you could try ePSXe, or maybe Retroarch that has good emulation afaik (I think it's Mednafen core) and should be less complicated than ePSXe.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    That is a programming error on the authors part, you need to merge the image into a single bin.

You can easily do this with isobuster, load the cue and then recreate the image.

If you want a far better emulator that is like pSXfin use RetroArch with the Mednafen PSX core.
    Thank you I will attempt to combine the bin files. I figure I would need to do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I had to look it up to check, but pSX v1.13 is like 9 years old. No development since then either afaik.

Spoiler warning:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I had to look it up to check, but pSX v1.13 is like 9 years old. No development since then either afaik.
    Mednafen is pretty much exactly what pSX would of been like it it was actively developed , but honestly I think Rhypcha is a far better programmer and is very skilled as she has even created a new Sega Saturn Emu that is accurate (also in RetroArch).

NocturnalLunacy if you need help setting up RetroArch I think its best to make a help thread and everyone will be able to give you tips on setting it up, I would try to help you one on one but I am a tad busy with RL ATM.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.