Thread: Getting ePSXe 2.0.5 to fast forward beyond 120-200 fps.

Thanks

Hi! I was just wondering how I can get ePSXe to run faster when I fast forward it. Right now, I'm able to get 4-6x the speed on PCSX2 and 3-5x the speed on Dolphin (After increasing resolutions, anti-aliasing, etc.)

However, ePSXe is working a little strangely. For example, when trying a game, I can't fast forward through any movie sequences (They just stay at their standard frame rate), and when I CAN fast forward (Battles, walking around on the map, etc.), it only goes up to 120 fps (Legend of Dragoon, FFVII), despite there being a brief showing in the FPS count that it went MUCH higher for an instant (Right after I hit the key to fast forward). Even then, some games (Like Legend of Legaia) let me go up to 200 fps, but again, not during fmvs or the loading sequences up until the title screen.

So I was wondering... is there something I'm missing, maybe in the settings or my build? Here's a link to my rig, just in case that has something to do with it:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Wyvern...d/#view=FtF7YJ

If there is a way, I really would like to be able to run ePSXe faster. Maybe it's just not able to because of the version? I hope that all makes sense... Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: The PPSSPP emulator fast forwards CRAZY fast. I don't know if it matters or not, but BoFIII can go as high as 2000% speed and Ys Seven can go as high as 1200% during gameplay on 4x internal resolution. Maybe there's a way I could push out some more FPS from the aforementioned emulators? I understand that the emulators have different inner workings, but you never know. Still, I'm primarily focused on trying to get the ePSXe 2.0.5 to go beyond the 200 fps limit and consistently do so at all stages of the game.

EDIT 2: So I got curious and switched the FPS limit to 10 (I'm using Pete's plugin) out of curiosity, and... the FPS is still 60 and 120/200 when fast-forwarded O_o Well, now I know there's at least another setting somewhere... Again, any help would be appreciated!

EDIT 3: Holy cow, I didn't think the question would stump so many people Maybe it's a problem with 2.0.5 itself... But no luck so far on my end Still trying!

EDIT 4: So I tried out ePSXe 1.6.0, and it fast forwards beyond the limit (1000+ fps easy) at ALL points in the game, fmv or gameplay! HOWEVER, when I go to adjust the settings, it defaults back to 200 fps in the settings from the limit I set, no matter what fps limit number I put in. However, the changes stick when I adjust them in the 2.0.5 emulator's settings. But again, adjusting them in 1.6.0 sets it back to 200 maximum, no matter what I put in. That is such a process to have to load one version just to adjust the other ._. I want the 200+ fps in 2.0.5 since I assume it's probably the best one (And 1.6.0 has weird images on the borders). I have no idea what's wrong with this.
    Last edited by WyvernMonAmi; 3rd-December-2016 at 20:28.

Thanks

EDIT 5: WOOHOO! It took over a month, but I fixed it! 2000+ fps easy at any stage of the game <3 I am ready to go, baby! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!